New Possibilities

Beginne am Anfang

With excitement, I run up and down the trail as Elsa continues her steady stroll. Every time I pass her, a chuckle is released. I give her a grin once I stop partway down the trail. She giggles as she stops in front of me and places a hand on my cheek.

"You are so full of energy." She says, laughing.

I chuckle and give her a shrug as she places a kiss on my cheek. Grinning, I take her arm and continue to guide her down toward the town. As we get closer, the sounds of the village grow louder and louder. Laughter fills the air along with songs and playing children. The first thing I see is a group of kids running up and down the street, playing tag. I can't help the chuckle that escapes me as I watch them.

A child stops and looks our way, most likely hearing my laugh. They see the Queen and wave as the other kids crash into them from behind. I flinch a bit and chuckle before jogging over to help them all up. They laugh at the chaos they caused as they get up, one by one. Elsa comes by to help, a smile on her face.

Each kid gives her a big smile as they gather in one big semi-circle. "Good afternoon, your majesty!" They exclaim all at once.

"Well, good afternoon everyone," She responds, giggling. "I sure hope you're all having fun." They nod together in unison. "Good, I'm glad."

"Can you play with us?" One asks, stepping forward from the group. Elsa smiles and kneels down to her level.

"I would love to, but at the moment, there are a few things I need to check out first," She answers.

"Can you play with us after?" Another asks.

She thinks for a moment and gives them a smile. "If it's not too late, then yes, I'd love to play with all of you."

They all squeal with excitement before running up and surrounding her in a big bear hug. She chuckles and tries her best to give them a group hug before standing. With a smile, I take her hand and slowly guide her away as we wave to the children.

"I sure hope that we finish soon," I say, "I want to play with those kids."

~~Later~~

Elsa's P.O.V.

Surprisingly, I was able to finish everything I needed to do within a reasonable amount of time. While I did my thing, Jack went to the forge to meet with Hiccup. He said there was something he wanted to talk to him about but I'm not sure what it was. Maybe I can ask him about it later.

"Ah, there you are!" I say, just as Jack exits the forge. "I was worried you wouldn't return."

He chuckles before wrapping an arm around me. "Don't worry. I wouldn't do that to you."

"So, how was your talk with Hiccup?" I ask, "Did it go well?"

He nods and gives me a slight smile. "Yeah, it did. I just needed his opinion on something. I would've come out sooner but I didn't want to get in the way of any of your queenly duties."

"You know you could never get in the way of any of that," I chuckle. "You are more than welcome to join me with anything I do. Besides, I may have needed you for something."

"Oh really?" He asks, "Like what?"

"Well, there are a few people who absolutely love to talk. Once we were done with our meeting, they just kept talking. I could've used your help to get out of that." I respond.

"Oh man, I hate those conversations," He mumbles. "I'll make sure to bail you out next time."

Chuckling, I give him a nod. "Good. I'll be expecting it then."