Chapter Fourteen

Having reached the rooftop of the building, you close your eyes and take a deep inhale, relishing in the momentary respite from the chaos below. The cool breeze rustles your hair as you try to steady your racing thoughts.

You play the scene over and over again, the vivid images etching themselves deeper into your mind. Humiliation washes over you, making your cheeks burn as a salty tear slides down your face. With trembling hands, you wipe it away, the moisture leaving a damp trail on your skin.

The way Soomin had spoken to you echoes in your ears, her words cutting like a thousand tiny daggers. 

The disdain in her voice as she treated you like trash still lingers, fuelling the ache in your chest. And then there was her brazen sharing of her night with Hoseok, a blatant display of their intimacy that felt like a cruel twist of fate.

You clutch at your chest, as if to physically hold your heart together. The pain radiates through your fingertips, a tangible reminder of your own vulnerability. How foolish it feels to be drowning in these emotions, knowing deep down that you never truly had a claim on him in the first place.

"Ugh," you mutter, frustration dripping from your voice. The sound escapes your lips like a whispered plea, a futile attempt to ease the turmoil within.

Your mind becomes a battleground, thoughts clashing back and forth in a relentless war. Wasn't this what you wanted? To break free from the shackles of this absurd crush and forge a path towards healing?

But as the voices in your mind bicker, a realization dawns upon you. You can't escape the fact that you hold some responsibility for this heartache.

 He was an idol, adored by many, while you remained a mere makeup artist. The discrepancy between your worlds looms like an insurmountable barrier, reminding you of the futility of your desires.

 Yet, your mind viciously reminds you of his anger over your kiss with Woo-sik, exposing the double standard at play.

Meanwhile, Hoseok's face contorts with anger, his eyes blazing with intensity. Fuelled by frustration, he confronts Soomin, his voice laced with a raw edge.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he seethes, his words slicing through the air like shards of ice.

Soomin's response is laced with a nonchalant air, as if she were merely discussing the weather. She feigns innocence, her voice dripping with casual disregard. "What do you mean? I'm just returning your earphones."

Hoseok's patience wears thin, his tone simmering with suppressed fury. "You know exactly what I mean. She probably thinks we slept together!"

With a dismissive wave of her hand, Soomin belittles his concerns, her voice dripping with indifference. "Chill, would you? What's got your panties in such a twist? So what if she thinks that? She needs a reality check for losing a catch like you to that director."

Hoseok's frustration ignites into a roaring flame, his voice crackling with a mix of disappointment and urgency. "Soomin! It was all a misunderstanding!"

Her face falls, the realization hitting her like a crashing wave. "What?"

"Woo-Sik took advantage of her," Hoseok reveals, his voice softer now, filled with a deep-seated sadness. "She thought it was a business meeting, but he deceived her."