Chapter Eleven

The dinner table is empty, as everyone anxiously waits in the living room. The scores of each tribute are going to be broadcasted across Panem soon. To say the least, there is tension in the room. Even Alek and Slate's stylist, Moxi, are anxiously waiting to watch the scores be broadcasted throughout Panem.

Anxious about his score, the male tribute paces back and forth in front of the sectional. Completely annoyed with Slate's actions, Vera lets out annoyed sighs every few seconds, while the others in the room attempt to ignore him.

"Slate, please sit down or walk behind the couch." the escort scolds the older tribute. Slate does not say anything, instead moving behind the sectional to continue his pacing. Ruby looks sympathetically toward him, before facing the screen again.

Meanwhile, Ebony continues to stare at the hologram screen as Caesar Flickerman and Claudius Templesmith talk to one another. They banter and cheerfully discuss their favorite tributes and who they think stands a chance in the arena. The hosts even go as far as to make bets on who will win the Games.

"You'll be fine, Porcupine." Ebony quietly hears Kyanite reassure. "Based on how you said it went, you'll get a good score."

All she can do is simply nod her head towards her mentor. The young tribute understands and knows that Kyanite is not wrong. She knows she did well despite that little mishap at the beginning. Hell, she did not even think it was going to even be possible to impress them.

"We have reached this point before the Hunger Games begins." Caesar's voice rings throughout the room. "After three days of careful evaluation, the twenty-four tributes are rated on a scale of one to twelve by the gamekeepers."

This stops Slate's pacing, jumping over the back of the couch to sit in between Vera and Ruby. The seven stare in anticipation, knowing that District One's scores are always read out first. It's the male tribute, then the female tribute in order from the district.

"From District One, Slate Argyros." Caesar begins to read out the older tribute's score. "With a score of nine."

Slate smirks at the screen, upon hearing his score read out. Ruby smiles, while Moxi pats his shoulder proudly. Of course, Slate is relieved about his score being high. If a score any less than an eight appears for a career tribute, let alone a District One tribute, it will mean shame. So a nine is a bragging right.

"And Ebony Desai." Now is Ebony's turn to be nervous as she sees the unusual frown on Caesar's face. She leans towards the screen in anticipation for her score to be read out loud. "With a score of ten."

The girl damn near jumps off of the couch, when Kyanite starts to yell out in excitement upon hearing the score.

"Good job, Ebony." Alek congratulates her, while the mentor continues to jump around the room. Ebony smiles and nods toward her stylist, before looking back at Ruby and Slate. Ruby smiles at her, as Slate simply glares daggers at the young girl.

"Pay attention still." Ruby scolds Kyanite, slapping him on the arm. "We need to know what the rest of the scores are."

"From District Two, Ronan Lockway with a score of ten. And Alexandra Copperberg with a score of eight." Ebony glances between everyone in the room as the second career district scores are announced. Though most may not "From District Three, Cabel Lucer with a score of six. And Bryony Heavens with a score of five."

Those scores are not a surprise whatsoever. The two barely managed to complete any of the survival sections in the training hall.

"From District Four, Fletcher Ward with a score of eight. And Atlanta Bays with a score of seven."

With the last of the career tributes being read off, Ebony gulps in fear. She knows at that moment that she will be targeted by the five in the arena.

"From District Five, Poplars Reignfeld with a score of eight. And Aldera Roanoke with a score of four."

The vast difference in scores throws Ebony off because of the vast difference in the scores between the two a

"From District Six, Cinder Donalds with a score of seven. And Dew Farethorn with a score of five." Caesar pauses for a moment for dramatic effect before continuing. Though Ebony knew the reason for Dew's low score was due to the District Twelve girl attacking her. "From District Seven, Basil Monroe with a score of eight. And Reina Thorne with a score of seven."

At this point, Slate inwardly groans at the thought of continuing through with watching the score.

"From District Eight, Cobalt Edwards with a score of five. And Woveena Gallows with a score of ten." Of course, the scores of District Eight's female tribute make sense. Hell, she is already considered part of the career pack by the rest. Slate and Atlanta certainly did.

"From District Nine, Samuel Bellroot with a score of seven. And Berkeley Gallothorn with a score of five."

Raising her eyebrows in confusion, Ebony stares at the television screen. From what she had seen, Sam was excellent at training during the sessions. How could he only get a seven?

"From District Ten, Eddy Riversen with a score of eight. And Kelly Kilgore with a score of eight. From District Eleven, Glint Plainsdon with a score of seven. And Elbora Ashhorn with a score of seven."

By this point, Slate has stopped paying any attention to Caesar. Though Ebony thinks that he may have stopped after Woveena's scores are revealed. Yet, she takes notice of how the scores for each tribute are higher than typical. Some surprise her more than others. Though the young girl is beginning to realize that everyone in the arena is a massive threat to her, especially if she wants to win.

"From District Twelve, Dusk Clearfall with a score of four. And Phoenix Amberdee with a score of seven."

And with that, all twenty-four tributes have had their scores read out for all to hear. This year's tributes are, to say the least, a lot more interesting than the previous years in regard to scores. Districts outside of the career districts have higher scores than normal. Even the girl from District Twelve has a score matched to a career tribute despite how scrawny she is.

Now, the last thing to do is to finish the interviews with Caesar Flickerman, which is going to either help Ebony survive the games or cause a horrific and painful death.