"Yeah. You're right." She offered me a small smile.

"I know I am." I jokingly nudged my elbow in her side, which made us both break into laughter once again, before I felt my phone buzzing in my back pocket.

I rolled my eyes knowing exactly who it was but still chose to reach for it. 

"Shit.." I mumbled under my breath, she was calling me. Normally she just sends me a message, but to ring me? 

I answered it and lifted it up to my ear but decided to not say anything. 

"Aurora." Her deep voice rung through my ears. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat and continued to not say anything.

I heard her let out a deep sigh before speaking again, "You are really testing me today, little one. If your ass isn't sat at your desk in the next five minutes, I will make sure you aren't able to sit for a week." She abruptly hung up. 

"Who was that?" Jen's voice made me jump slightly, my throat was now completely dry so I sipped some of my latte before trying to think of a lie to give her. 

"Just someone trying to sell me some windows." I gave her a small smile in hopes she would believe me.

"Fucking spam callers." I snorted at her reply. 

"What?! There is nothing worse than some ass trying to sell you shit and take your hard-earned money." Jen started to rant whilst my mind had instantly gone to Cameron.

I no longer had a job and if Alexandria can't help me out then I need to start looking for another. I don't want to rely on her anyway, let alone take her money. 

"Jen."

"Aurora." I looked at her mischievously and she smirked at me in response. 

"Do you wanna look for a job with me? Imagine what we could get up to working together..." I laughed and saw her think for a second. 

"Duh. Let's do it girl. What sort of job are you thinking?" 

"Well. Apparently there's a gay club down the road. Do you think they will let us work there? I couldn't think of anything better than working around a bunch of like-minded people." I winked playfully and saw Jen's eyes light up.

"Yes, yes and yes. We have to at least try. Should we go now and have a look?" Jen was bouncing up and down with excitement.

"Sure." I smiled at her.

~~~

Quite some time had passed. It must have been well into the lesson by now whilst me and Jen were trying to convince the manager of 'Divine' to give us a job. I'm surprised he was even entertaining our idea let alone actually considering it. 

"You know what. Fine. You girls can pour drinks and clean after close. We don't normally get a whole load of students wanting to work here, but I guess I can make you two ladies an exception. However, if I see you even try and taste the tiniest bit of alcohol, I will throw you out of the club myself. Do we have a deal?" The man held out his hand.

Jen shook it first, and then I followed.

"Deal." Jen proudly exclaimed.

"Great. I'll see you both tomorrow at 8pm for your induction shift. If you aren't up to my expectations, then you're a goner." The man smugly smiled.

"Wow. You're a mean gay." Jen huffed. 

"Not mean hunny, just a perfectionist." I snorted at Jen's butt-hurt facial expression.