Watty Prep #9: July Check-in and New Opportunities on Wattpad

Hi guys! Is it July already? Wow! How is it going with your Watty stories?

Because Wattpad is opening up so many opportunities to pitch new story ideas (with summaries and the first few chapters) recently (check out the 10 chapter challenge for July-August 2023 I linked to in my conversations), I decided to only enter one story into Watty. Champion in Love is ready to go, and I just don't feel I am ready to handle deep-dive editing on Ablaze yet.

Instead, I want to pitch a couple more ideas to Wattpad, including participation in the First 10 Chapters Challenge and finish the full first drafts of Played by the Mafia and Tetrachromat.

Why do I like the pitching process so much? Two reasons:

First chapters are my weakness, so focusing on writing a great first chapter is actually really good for me

I have a lot of concepts with 'hairy' outlines. Preparing a concise plot summary that other people can read (including me in a year or so, lol!) for each of these stories is a win-win.

It's really fun to play with story concepts and I am glad Wattpad encourages it. Given this new direction, I feel that I will try to adapt by creating pitches, then selecting the stories to finish in the first draft, and, finally, deep-diving one of them for Watty. 

 Future will tell if it's feasible. Whatever the case may be, now is an exciting time to write on Wattpad and I hope you are having a blast with your Watty prep!

 Whatever the case may be, now is an exciting time to write on Wattpad and I hope you are having a blast with your Watty prep!

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.