Chapter 10: Madeline

En başından başla

The luxurious BMW came to a stop outside of a bar. It was packed full of people who were cheering and having a good time. Madeline swallowed the lump in her throat at the sight. She hated big public places like this.

"What's happening? Why did you kidnap me?" Madeline asked in a shaky voice.

Billie and the mysterious stranger both glanced over their shoulders at her and smiled. "Well, I may or may not have set you up."

Madeline's brows crinkled together in confusion. "What?"

"Jensen is rather eager to see you again. It seems you left quite an impression." Billie revealed, her eyes glinting.

Billie had set her up on a date with Jensen.

She couldn't believe it. She wasn't interested in Jensen, not that way at least. She had literally told Jensen that she didn't see him that way. And now, he would be thinking she was sending mixed signals.

Madeline didn't know what to do. She wanted to yell at Billie for doing this but Billie was her friend. She didn't want to argue or lose her friend.

"I—" Was all Madeline could say.

"He really wants to speak to you. What's the harm of going in for a drink at least?" Billie suggested, shifting her body to face Madeline more.

Madeline weighed her options. Jensen was a nice person and she genuinely did enjoy his company. But this couldn't be a date. She didn't want that. Hell, she wasn't ready for that. Annoyingly, a part of her felt guilty for even thinking of being with someone that wasn't her soul mates.

She had to go inside the packed bar and make it clear that she didn't see Jensen that way. Hopefully, she wouldn't lose him as a friend.

"Okay, I'll go in. But how am I going to get home? Where are we?" She relented, hesitantly.

Billie waved her arm, "Me and Isaac will be across the street, getting food. When it's over, just message me. We'll drive you home."

At least she had a ride home. That made things a bit easier.

Pinching her lips together, Madeline grabbed her clutch and tried to gracefully get out of the car. The cold air nipped at her exposed skin. She cursed Billie for choosing an off-the-shoulder top without pairing it with a jacket.

A group of young adults passed her, laughing with each other. Once they were out of the way, she squared her shoulders and approached the bar. There wasn't a bouncer in sight which surprised her. Shouldn't they have to I.D. her?

It was a lot warmer inside. Shivering, she hugged herself and scanned the bar for Jensen's handsome face.

He was seated on a bar stool with a beer in hand. His eyes were trained on the football game playing, unaware of his surroundings. He didn't seem to notice the people gawking at him and his beauty. Or maybe he was just used to it. Madeline wasn't sure.

She approached him, breathing heavily. Stopping in front of the table, she cleared her throat.

Jensen's warm eyes snapped to her instantly and he shot up from his seat.

"Madeline," He called her name in his soft, silky voice. "Wow, you look incredible."

"Thanks," She replied, uneasily.

"Here, sit," He instructed, pulling out the other stool. Madeline hopped onto it and wrung her fingers together. Jensen observed her with dark eyes, deciding to take a moment to collect his words before speaking. "So, I assume you had no idea this was happening."