Recovery

Y/N's eyelids fluttered open, allowing his senses to gradually awaken. He found himself lying on a soft bed which was a pleasant contrast to his last time waking up, staring blankly ahead of him.

The haze in his mind began to lift and a tingling sensation started to spread through his limbs. His fingers twitched, and he gingerly flexed them, testing their responsiveness. With each movement, he regained a bit more control.

His attention shifted towards his arm now, where a slight discomfort drew his attention. Following the sensation he traced the source with his fingers. The cool, smooth surface of a needle rolled against his touch. A realization struck him—he was connected to an IV. The weight of his arm and the trailing tube emphasized the foreignness of his current state.

Curiosity spurred him on, and his hands ventured further, seeking understanding. His fingertips grazed the confines of tight, newly changed bandages wrapped around his shoulder and torso. Sensations of discomfort in his foot made him almost sigh.

With a grunt, he pushed himself up, and, after taking a breath swung his legs over the edge of the bed he allowed his feet making contact with the cool floor.

While Y/N mustered the strength to rise from the bed, a startled male voice pierced the air.

"Y/N! You're awake!"

The exclamation rang out, prompting a flurry of commotion. The sound of hurried footsteps approached, followed by the voices of multiple individuals.

Among the bustling medical staff, familiar voices reached Y/N's ears—Aoi, Naho, Kiyo, Sumi, and even Goto. Their words were filled with relief and worry, intermingled with questions and expressions of disbelief and excitement.

Y/N offered a tired smile, allowing the cacophony of voices to wash over him. He listened attentively as everyone expressed their concerns, their voices a comforting chorus.

Grateful for the presence and care of those surrounding him, Y/N nodded, acknowledging their worries and assuring them with gentle words. Despite the weariness that clung to his body, he was happy to continue consoling them.

As the room gradually emptied, granting Y/N a bit of solitude, three little girls remained by his side. Their high-pitched voices echoed one another.

"I thought you'd never wake up! Three months is too long!"

Naho cried, her eyes shining with tears as Kiyo agreed, her little voice barely audible as she wiped her cheeks, drying them of tears. Y/N gently patted Naho's head with a soft smile on his lips.

"Well, I'm awake now, aren't I? It's alright girls."
he reassured them.

"No need to worry, children. Now, go join Aoi and the others before you receive a scolding."

The three's faces brightened at his words, and with a nod, they scurry off to return to their other duties. Y/N listened quietly to the soft pats of the children's feet agains the wooden floor, exhaling a small sigh as they gently closed his room door.

Y/N finally allowed himself to relax, carefully lying back on the pillow and closing his eyes.

To be continued...