Disagreement

'This text=Y/N's thoughts at any time'

Warm rays of the morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle glow upon Y/N's face as he stirred awake.

With ease, he went through his morning routine, running his fingers through his hair, fixing his clothes, touching his face. He enjoyed the familiar sensation, knowing exactly how each strand fell into place.

Stepping outside, he paused for a moment, and tilted his face upwards. The warmth of the sunlight graced his skin, and the subtle shift in the air hinted at a cloudless sky as the sun warmed him.

His senses, finely attuned to his surroundings, allowed him to discern the weather with quite reliable accuracy. He relaxed in the tranquility of his small home, the peaceful solitude that enveloped him like a comforting embrace from the warm rays that hit him.

Suddenly, a loud caw echoed through the air, jolting him from his reverie.

His crow companion perched on a nearby tree branch, its ebony feathers glistening in the sunlight. The crow cawed eagerly, its dark eyes fixed on him, conveying a sense of urgency.
The familiar call of his crow could only mean one thing—a new mission awaited him.

The Demon Slayer Corps headquarters had sent a command, summoning him to their hallowed grounds. It was a rare occurrence, as he often operated independently, but he understood the significance of this summons as it was directly from Master Kagaya. As he heard the announcement, he nodded in acknowledgement to his companion.

He sighed, almost dreading his travel and arrival. He loved his friends, and his companions, yet he hated being called to rejoin them. It wasn't the journey, nor the stress of it all, but the little voice in the back of one's head, that whispers;

"One of my friends
is dead"

While also listening to the flap of his birds wings or occasional crow, he followed his companions lead to the masters mansion.

He traveled by foot, pushing himself to hurry to HQ in the hopes that he may have a little time to relax and enjoy some tea after arriving. As he was let into the large gates, the evident presence of a demon shot through his senses.

His pace slowed to a walk as he continued further on the stone path which he followed each time he was summoned. The usual click of his shoes became silent.

"Hey! Can you even hear me!? Come on, get up! Are you gonna sleep all day!? You're in the presence of the Hashira!"

A familiar voice yelled from not too far away. Y/N followed the voice until he felt he was close enough to the sound.

"It's just an ordinary looking kid? Too bad.."

Tengen sang.

"We must see that this boy is put on trial to be judged! So it shall be!"

Rengokus fiery voice announced.

Y/N raised his eyebrows, taking a few steps towards Rengokus voice and tapping him somewhere on the shoulder. Two steps, that of Rengoku stepping aside, sounded in front of him. Y/N took his place in between Muichuro and Rengoku in the line of powerful swordsmen.

'Tengen, Rengoku..'

"Who's being tried? For what?"

Y/N calmly asked. The sound of Gyomeis beads hitting one another alerted him of how much room between the four they had.

'Gyomei..'

"There is a boy, Tanjiro, with deep red hair about four steps ahead of us! He, while on a mission, was seen protecting a demon! A clear violation! We shall execute them both!"