"She's drunk, she doesn't know what she's talking about. Don't pay mind to her." He said as he finally sat down. "Oh please, I know what I'm talking about."

"Alright, why don't you just go up? You don't have even the slightest right to say anything in this conversation! You should be ashamed, woman!" He turns to her and exclaimed.

"Like you treated me any better! I do have a right to be here since this includes our relationship with our own daughter and our businesses!" She stood up and yelled. Y/n flinched by the sudden action.

"Our business has nothing to do with this! We will continue our partnership, and our personal matters will be left out of it. Get your sanity up right." He also stood up and yelled back.

"Then what about our daughter!?"

"Don't you think that's your fault!? That we even have to worry about this?! This is the consequence for your slut actions."

Y/n's mother started crying abruptly. "I only ever did it to compensate the amount of affection I lacked from you. With how much time we've spent together, did you really not catch any feelings!?"

Y/n's head started to go blank when she heard her mothers statement. It suddenly clicked to her. Why is she complaining about feelings? Love? The yelling was still ongoing but, she couldn't pay mind to it.

Does her mother actually love him? Talking about lack of affection and wanting true love...wasn't that nothing but bullshit? She started this thing because she wanted to get over Y/n's father.

Everything completely came in easy puzzle pieces to Y/n and she has had enough of her parents childish drama. She stood up abruptly and went out the door, she ignored her parents calls for her to come back. She went up to her room and immediately opened the door to Tristan.

"Hey..are you okay? Why are you crying?" He made his way to her fast. She didn't even realize she was crying. "I-I don't know, it just...my parents are getting a divorce and my mom..." she said with hiccups in between.

"Hey, hey, it's ok. Slow down. We'll talk about it once you're done crying, okay?" He said quietly as he led her to the bed. He got the hint that she probably just wants to sleep this off and talk about it another time.

He turns off the lights and turn on the lamp beside the vanity instead. Since she was already dressed in pajamas. All he had to do was be there with his presence saying calm words as she slowly falls asleep.

~

Tristan ended up leaving as soon as Y/n fell asleep. As soon as she woke up, she saw the other side empty. She sighed missing his presence still ignoring feelings she had circulating around Tristan.

She got up and got ready for school. As soon as she went down to eat her usual breakfast, she saw her mother and father eating together. The sight made all the memories from last night come back to her. She suddenly lost her appetite and just went out the door with no greeting or anything.

~

"So you're telling me all that happened!? As soon as I left too!? I'm so sorry I couldn't be there." Genie exclaimed shocked and sad she couldn't comfort her best friend.

"It's ok. I had Tristan, he was enough. And I couldn't even...oh my god! The cake! I couldn't even eat it. It's hanging inside my fridge.." she said suddenly remembering something mid sentence. "Cake?"

"Yeah, you remember the thing I sent you last week? About strawberry cake?"

"That?! You actually got one?"

"Yeah, I made Tristan go out and get it for me. Aw man, now I feel bad. You want to go to my house later tonight to eat it? I'll invite him along." Y/n asked.

"Yeah of course! Wait how much time left till class starts?"

"Around 10 mins, why?"

"My stalking research about the video! Tristan probably is already beating me. I have to go! I'll see you later!" She said sprinting out the door and on her way to apparently stalk someone...

Y/n waved goodbye to her, but her back was already face towards her. She suddenly feels her tummy rumble. 'I should've at least grabbed a sandwich..' she thought.

"You hungry?" Someone suddenly asked from beside her. "Asher? You don't usually get to class this early.. special occasion?" Her face suddenly lit up.

"Nah, just wanted to talk to you. My bad for not contacting you ever since, you know...I had to help my relative get set in our home. And I'm sorry about your mom.."

Of all things, he had to mention. The mother. Y/n sighed. "It's okay, I understand." She said feeling down. "So you never answered my question, you hungry? I have a sandwich in my bag. When I was by the door, I saw you seemed pale."

"Oh, yes please!" She smiled as he grabbed the sandwich from his bag and gave it to her. She rips the plastic and takes a huge bite. Asher giggles at this. "What...what's so funny?" She said food still in her mouth as she turned to look at Asher.

"Nothing, you're just cute. Hurry up and finish that before Mrs. Rein sees." He giggled once more. Y/n blushes at his reply.  "Shut up" she mumbled with rose cheeks.

"What was that?" He asked. "Nothing." She smiled at him before hurrying to finish her sandwich.

_________________
Sorry late update once more.
How'd y'all July 4th go?

I'm going to try and make up a schedule of when I post new chapters, but I need y'all's opinions on it 🙏