393. Receiving the Imperial Edict; A New Level of Being Shameless

Začít od začátku

“Long live His Majesty!”

Finally Eunuch Zhao was over, and Ling Jingxuan took the lead to raise his hands. Eunuch Zhao then handed the decree to him. While he was about to get up, Eunuch Zhao said, “Doctor Zhao, wait a minute. I got a reward from the seventh prince for you.”

Speaking of which, he took out another silk scroll, and Ling Jingxuan had to keep kneeling there patiently.

“A box of jewelries, ten bolts of silk, one box of pearls. A thousand taels of gold from Ling Chenglong, Ling Jinghan and Ling Jingpeng each. And two gold head-ornaments for Lady Wang. Some sets of brushes, ink sticks, paper and inkstones for Ling Wen, Ling Wu and Zhao Tiesheng…”

“Long live Prince the Seventh!”

With Eunuch Zhao’s tapering chanting, boxes of gold and silver and jewelries with the plaques and the emperor’s reward were carried up, and all placed on both sides of the incense burning table. After thanking the emperor’s rewards, Ling Jingxuan and his family all got up. Then Yuan Shaoqi led Zhou Er and Shuisheng to distribute the red envelops. Eunuch Zhao refused Ling Jingxuan’s invitation, but pulled him aside and whispered by his ear, “Childe Ling, the seventh prince asked me to tell you, stay safe. No worries about him. The emperor also said that if you have harvested the late rice, he hopes that I can take some back.”

“No problem, the harvest is just done. I’ll ask my father and others to prepare a whole carriage for you. Please tell the seventh prince. We are all good. No worries.”

Speaking of which, Ling Jingxuan quietly pulled out a one thousand taels of silver bank not and stuffed it into his hand. Eunuch Zhao didn’t not refuse. Meanwhile, Ling Jingpeng already led the servants to fetch the dried grains. After thinking a bit, Ling Jingxuan asked Ling Jinghan to entertain Eunuch Zhao who was unwilling to come in. While he himself turned to go into the yard. After about half an hour later when Ling Jingpeng went out pulling a carriage of rice, Ling Jingxuan also came out holding a giant package.

“Sorry to trouble you, Eunuch Zhao. These are some dried meat slices and skin nourishing holy water and other things. I hope you can help me take it for the seventh prince.”

“Well…”

Obviously Eunuch Zhao was a bit embarrassed. If it was some clothes, he could do him the favor. But it was food, if something happened to the prince if he took it, even if he got ten heads, it was not enough!

“You needn’t worry. It’s just some snacks the seventh prince often ate. I guess he would be missing those things. If you are worried, you can let someone to try them first. If the seventh prince doesn’t want them, you can throw them away or what.”

Noticing his worries, Ling Jingxuan said reasonably. On hearing that, Eunuch Zhao said no more. After throwing the officer who announced the imperial edict, someone went forward to receive the package. After testing things inside with the silver needles, he packaged them again after making sure it had no poison.

“Then I’ll leave.”

Things done, he would go back to report it to His Majesty. As Eunuch Zhao turned, someone got hold of the lower hem of his robes. Eunuch Zhao scratched his head strangely. Then he saw a kind of familiar little guy was watching at him with a pitiful look. As one of the yamen runners was about to stop him, Eunuch Zhao motioned him to back off. This family was all important people both the emperor and empress attached great importance to. It wasn’t impossible they’d go to the imperial palace some day. So he could never afford to offend them.

“What do you want, little thing?”

“Uncle, are you Brother Yan’s family?”

Ignoring his question, the small bun asked, with the other hand holding a wrinkled letter, and Ling Wen and Tiewa who were standing next to him were also wearing a craving face. Daddy asked them not to say anything they shouldn’t. But they really missed Brother Yan too much, very much…