391. Get Listed! Here Comes the Imperial Edict

Começar do início

A series of orders down, except Ling Jinghan and Ling Jingpeng who had known it already, others were still having no idea what was happening. After quite a while, Ling Chenglong stammered, “Jing…Jingxuan…what is going on?”

Why does the imperial edict come out of the blue? They were all so scared that they couldn’t move.

“Dad, I’ll explain it later. You go make preparations now. When receiving the imperial edict, we got to take a bath, change some clean clothes. Ling Yun, Xiaosui, go serve the ma’am and others get dressed.”

The reason he didn’t tell them at the beginning was that he didn’t want them to be freaked out or what. Originally, he planned to tell them after the list was released today, never expected that…Damn! Why did it come at such a time?

“Yes!”

After all, Ling Yun had ever served in a big family, she looked a lot calmer than the others. Plus Lady Zheng and Lady Lan also came to their sense. So they surrounded Lady Sun and Lady Wang to leave. And under Ling Jinghan and Ling Jingpeng’s lead, Ling Chneglong and Old Lord Wang also left to change clothes, leaving the village head and others standing there awkwardly, not knowing whether to stay or leave. For the whole life, they had never seen what an imperial edict looked like. Of course they wished to stay to get some blessing for His Majesty. Although they were all wondering in their heart how Ling Jingxuan could be so capable that even His Majesty knew about him. But, apparently now was not the time to inquire about it.

“Jingxuan, how about us…”

Receiving the signaling from other elders, the village head could only toughen his scalp and move forward. Ling Jingxuan turned to throw them a look. He meant to ask them to leave directly, after all, he was already not on the pamphlet in the ancestral hall, so he was also no longer a member of Ling family. The imperial edict was for his, he had the right not to let them receive it with him. But, when his eyes swept over at that ‘little rabbit’ on one side, thinking about his relationship with Jinghan, the expulsion order that was nearly to slip out his mouth got swallowed back, “Please go back to take a bath and get changed. Anyone who is late for the imperial edict would get beheaded, you know.”

“Yes, yes, we’ll go get changed right now.”

Hearing him, the village head knew they got the chance, so he hurriedly told others to go. Ling Jingxuan helplessly shook his head. Seeing that Yuan Shaoqi was still standing there, he slightly frowned, “Those eunuchs aren’t supposed to know you, are they?”

“Hmm?”

Hearing that, Yuan Shaoqi suddenly popped out his eyes, and then remembered the identity of Yan Sungrui, looking a bit relieved, “Since you know who I am, why let me stay? Aren’t you afraid to offend my father by sheltering me?”

Before, every time he ran out, it was those officials who secretly reported it to his father, so this time, he chose to go to the countryside. But unexpectedly, in such a place that even birds wouldn’t poop, he would have met the well-known Prince Sheng, it looked like he had accidentally came to his crown princess’ place. If Ling Jingxuan pointed things out, he should have already run away. But, now even if the duke came in person, he would never leave, because he found a ‘treasure’ here. Whatsoever, he’d take him back.

“You signed a five-year indenture with me. It’s as simple as that. Even your father has to obey the law.”

Visit readel.me for extra chapters.

Ling Jingxuan carried his hands behind him, wearing a total reasonable look. Yuan Shaoqi was slightly stunned, suddenly he laughed, “I finally know why he tries to hide you, and also understand why a Killing God on the battlefield will become such a tender man for you, Ling Jingxuan, you really have your special places.”
Would those ordinary people have the balls not even to put the duke in their eyes like him? Few people could be ranked as the duke relying on their outstanding military exploits.