Ch 10

Y/N POV

I sat still felt really uncomfortable with the cuffs being to tight and scratching the flesh of my wrists.

Then we watched the man pulling out a plastic bag with Sam's phone in it.

I mentally raised an eyebrow.

"So, LadiesMan217," the man said as he turned around to face us while holding the phone up.

"That is your eBay username, right?" He asked.

I looked at Sam with an embarrassed expression and his face paled.

"Yeah, but, you know, it was a typo and I ran with it," Sam explained and I rolled my eyes.

"What do you make of this?" man asked and he hit a button on Sam's phone.

"My name is Sam Witwicky, okay? And my..." The phone started to play a recording of Sam's voice and the fancy man smirked.

"Is that you?" He asked.

"Yeah, that sounds like LadiesMan," Mikaela said sarcastically.

I glared at Sam.

"Last night at the station, you told the officer your car transformed.... Enlighten me," the man said and Sam gulped.

"Well, here's what I said, okay? 'Cause this is a total misunderstanding that my car had been stolen..." Sam assured and the man gave him a smirk.

"Really?" He asked.

"...from me, from my home, but it's fine now because it's back! It came back!" Sam continued

Mikaela and I eyes widened at his slip up.

"Well, not by itself," I said and Mikaela nodded.

"Well, no," Sam agreed.

"Because cars don't do that because that would be crazy," I laughed and the man and his goon started to laugh, so Sam and Mikaela started to laugh out of nerves.

The man stopped laughing and looked at us with a crazed yet bored expression.

"So what do you kids know about aliens, huh?" The tension thickened to the point were you could cut it with a nice and Sam jumped into the conversation.
"Oh, you mean, like a Martian? Like what, E.T? No," Sam said and I nodded.

"It's an urban legend," Mikaela said

"Yeah," I agreed.

"You see this?" The man pulled out a shiny golden badge and flashed it to us.

"This is an I-can-do-whatever-I-want and-get-away-with-it badge," he said angrily.

"Right," Sam noted but I glared at him.

"That's abuse of power and illegal asshole!" I glared growled and he smirked at me.

"Yes it is. I'm gonna lock you up forever, all of you," he threatened and I leaned back in the seat, defeated.

"Oh, God. You know what? Don't listen to him. He's just pissy 'cause he's got to get back to guarding the mall," Mikaela said

"You, in the training bra, do not test me. Especially with your daddy's parole coming up," man said
and Mikaela's jaw dropped.

"What? Parole?" Sam asked as Sam and I looked at her, waiting for an explanation.

"It's nothing," Mikaela assured but her voice waved in sadness, fear, and anger.

"Oh, grand theft auto, that ain't nothing?" man pressed.

"You know those cars my dad used to teach me to fix? Well, they... They weren't always his," Mikaela said sadly, she was clearly ashamed but she still loved her father.