Chapter 4 - Born With A Broken Heart

Over the next week, Sam and Jason continue their new dynamic. It's fun for the both of them and it feels safe. They don't feel too much pressure with each other and they're both really happy. It always starts with their game and then one of them makes the move. That's usually who wins and it's fun

Now, Sam is sitting in the kitchen on one of the laptops reading through a Reddit thread about the Titans. Steam is practically coming out of her ears as Jason walks in.

"You good?" Jason chuckles, seeing her look like she wants to chuck the laptop out a window.

"Look at this!" Sam yells, pointing at the laptop screen that shows a Reddit thread that's discussing the vigilante names of the Titans.

"What the fuck am I looking at?" Jason chuckles, his hand resting on the back of her chair and the other hand on the counter as he leans in.

"Acid Fingers!" Sam fumes, pointing dramatically at the screen.

Jason bursts into a fit of laughter. "That you?" He glances at her and he knows this is going to be fun.

"I guess!" Sam yells, her hands flying above her head.

Jason shakes his head, looking through more of the names and they just keep more ridiculous. He's taking a mental note of every name to call her the next time she makes fun of him being Robin.

"Melty Hands?" Jason continues to chuckle, this is ridiculous.

"Glow girl!" Sam gets more dramatic. "Who the fuck is Freddy Freeman and how can I kill him?!"

Jason looks at her and she's so mad but he swears she's endearing. "I think it's great." Jason lets his laugh subside.

Sam snaps her neck at him, eyes wide, steam nearly coming out of her ears. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YOU THINK IT'S GREAT?!?!?! YOU GOT BEASTBOY, SUPERBOY, NIGHTWING, STARFIRE, AND FUCKING ACID FINGERS?!?!?!?!!? WHAT THE FUCK."

He thinks it's funny how annoyed she is by it. It's not even a big deal given she's not actually a Titan at this current point in time and he has a vivid memory of her saying she doesn't even like vigilante names from last week. And the only thing he wants to do is kiss the scowl off her face.

"Acid Fingers is a great one." Jason tilts his head back, unable to control his laughing.

"I'm gonna hunt this little shit down. Acid Fingers." Sam lets out a scoff.

"I like it." Jason says through a laugh. "I'm calling you that, now."

"Don't you fucking dare, Jason Todd!"

Jason's voice drops, his face coming closer to hers as he goes to taunt her. "What are you gonna do about it, Acid Fingers?"

Sam looks back at him and the annoyance of the whole thing almost melts away because he looks at her like that, eyes darting to her lips and soft and nothing else even matters. But then he would win.

"You're named after a fucking bird. And you don't even look like a robin! You look more like a parrot."

Jason's brows furrow but he keeps his stance close to her. "A parrot?" Jason chortles.

"Red, green, black, yellow. Parrot. Robins are not that colorful." Sam snarks and Jason can see her trying desperately not to let a smirk come to her lips.

"Still better than, acid fingers. Could have called you Sulfar, Nitric, Bombardier, Scorpian!" Jason says enthusiastically. "Cobra could work, I guess, but that doesn't fit, I don't think." He nods his head just once, his brows are just slightly knitted together.