Chapter 3 - By Accident

A/n: There is smut in this chapter for anyone who might not like smut. Nothing important is said within the smut you'd need later so you can always skim over it if it's not your cup of tea!!

A couple of days later, Bruce informs Jason and Sam he has a Justice League thing so he'll be out of town for the next few days

A couple of days later, Bruce informs Jason and Sam he has a Justice League thing so he'll be out of town for the next few days. He mostly just asks them not to get into trouble while he's gone. No joyrides in the Batmobile and no riding motorcycles in the Manor. Jason has a smirk while Bruce said it, as if he does all of it on purpose. But, they agree to be on their best behavior while he's gone. And this first day, they are.

For most of the day, they hang around the manor together. They have a few training sessions, Sam not getting so lucky this time but it's training. And Sam recruits Jason to help her dye her hair. This time, instead of pink, she dyes her hair a shade of cyan. Jason was not nearly as helpful as Rachel was, some of Sam's skin is definitely stained cyan for the next few days. But, it was fun and now she feels refreshed. Jason also likes it on her. He swears it brings out her eyes with the mix-matched shades of blue, though he keeps that to himself.

"So, he just leaves you here alone when he has a thing?" Sam asks, plopping down next to Jason on the couch, practically sitting on top of him.

Jason snaps his attention away from his book to look at her with furrowed brows. "Yeah," Jason scoffs. "Whole place to myself." He stretches out one of his arms, as if to be claiming the manor.

"Sounds boring." Sam states, leaning her head back.

The manor is already big. It already can feel a little less than homey. It's too big for even three people to be living here. Boring wasn't quite the right word, but saying lonely seemed a bit much. But, that's what Sam thinks. It would be lonely being here alone. The tower felt empty even and she had Gar and Krypto, then Conner when he woke up. It just seems a little sad to her.

"Well, you're here, can't be too bored now." The corner of Jason's mouth perks into a grin.

"You're right, I'm very entertaining." Sam lets out a laugh as the sarcasm hangs from her words and she picks her head up.

Jason furrows his brows and he's not letting her have that one. He gives her a shove, not too hard but enough to make her fall to the side.

"Hey!" Sam's laugh reverberates against the walls and the warmest smile comes to Jason's face. "That's my thing."

"No, that was entertaining." Jason laughs.

"Asshole." Sam groans and instead of getting up, she lays on her back and swings her legs over him.

"Fuck you." Jason chuckles and she has this grin that makes his stomach spin. "Hey," Jason swings his arm over the back of the couch, turning to face Sam, careful to keep her legs on him.

"Hey." Sam mocks him and he's got that look. She knows he's about to have a bad idea that she will absolutely go along with.

"Wanna do something tonight?" The right side of his mouth tugs up and he wiggles his brows at her.