Adventure 6

It was a typical day in the Smith household when a stranger came up to your door and knocked on it with flowers. Morty opened the door, it was a sixteen-year-old woman.

She had dirty blonde hair, her left eye was emerald green and her right eye was ocean blue. She stood five feet and nine inches tall and was holding flowers in her right hand. 

"Oh hey, Melissa. Look if you wanted to hang out maybe give me an hour or two notice." Morty greeted, looking down and noticing the flowers. "Sure I'll go out on a date with you." 

You stepped down the stairs, coming from Summer's room since you had something you wanted to show her. "Oh hey, Melissa." You said as you waved, nearly getting away with not having to interact with anyone. 

"Oh hey Y/N I wanted to ask you something," Melissa interjected. You stopped walking and walked back to the door. Morty stepped aside as you leaned on the door frame. 

She held out the flowers to you. "Did you maybe want to go out with me tomorrow night?" She asked.

You paused. Unsure if you were blushing or not when you felt your face feel warmer than usual. "Yeah, sure. Are we meeting up somewhere just going straight to a cafe or something?" 

"What...?" Morty mumbled, shocked that Melissa chose you instead of Morty since the two had more of a connection than you did. But then everyone was called into the kitchen for lunch.

"I was hoping we could meet up somewhere. Make it a night to remember." Melissa replied. 

You nodded as you gently took the flowers. "I'll see you tomorrow then." You smiled. 

"Bye!" The female smiled as she waved before you closed the door and walked away. 

You sniffed the flowers before smiling to yourself. 

"Y/N. Come join us for lunch." Jerry mentioned. 

You walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. 

"Wow. Who gave you flowers?" Rick asked, shocked about such a sight. 

"Melissa. From school. She asked Y/N out on a date." Morty sighed. 

"Y/N! You have a date?!" Beth asked, clearly happy about such news. 

"Yeah. Tomorrow. She said we were going to meet up somewhere and go find things to do." You replied.

"No way." Summer said. "You. The one who doesn't meet anyone nor get invited to anything, going out on a date?!" 

"I do not approve," Rick grumbled as he took a bite of food. "I'd rather you come with Morty and me to different universes." 

"Well... what if I really like this person afterwards? What are you going to do then?" You countered. Right when everyone else began eating as well. 

"Rick, don't argue. We, as Y/N's parents, say they can go on the date. You don't have a say in this." Jerry interjected. Finally putting his foot down and standing for what's right. 

"Jerry shut up you're known for being useless." Rick scoffed.

"Kids why don't you guys eat in your rooms? This might take a bit." Beth suggested. Since she knew an argument would start. 

"Y/N can I hang out with you in your room?" Summer questioned. 

You stood up taking your plate and flowers with you. "Let's go."

As the night went on, you went into the garage to see if Rick was doing anything. He seemed really mad. "Still pissed about what I said about the date?" You asked.

"It's a bad idea Y/N. Don't do it." He demanded. Which was all he said as he continued to remain cold and distant, convinced that the date was a bad idea.

You turned away and went back to your room. "So how'd that go?" Summer questioned. 

"If he doesn't want to be a part of what's going on in my life then he won't be." You sighed with a shrug. 

"Oh damn. Well, I'm going through your closet to pick out what you get to wear. You get to try stuff on." Your sister snickered. 

You rolled your eyes but couldn't help but smile at your sister's enthusiasm. "Sure, why not? It might be fun to have a little fashion show before the big date."

Summer cheered and the two of you spent the rest of the afternoon going through your wardrobe, picking out the perfect outfit for your date with Melissa. It was nice to have this little distraction from the tension with Rick.