CHAPTER 27

😢😢😢

BEYONCÉ POV

Oh I can't wait to have Karter. My back hurts more than ever and my feet are swollen to the max... and Megan isn't here which makes this whole process suck even more. With me being weeks away from giving birth I've been depending on Normani, Lani and Trinity. They've got his room together, put the crib up and even stacked up the fridge for Kaution and I when I couldn't go shopping because my feet were swollen. I'm so grateful to have them as friends.

After taking my shower I look at myself naked in the mirror. My belly is so round, my belly button looks non existent and I can't even see my treasure. And I know for damn sure I got a bush... ugh Megan this is why you need to be here!!! I'm in need of a serious shave. I can't have our son with this bush. I continue to look in the mirror and a wave a sadness washes over me, Megan is gonna miss the birth.

I grab my phone and instantly call Megan and she answers sleepily.

"Hey babe...everything okay?"

"M-Meg! You're gonna miss the birth. You're gonna miss our son being born. H-How am I supposed to push out our son without you... W-W-WW-What I'mma do!?!?" I say as tears start to fall from my eyes

"Babe please calm down. I will not miss it. I'm making sure of that! I will not miss his birth. I'm going to be right there holding your hand as you squeeze the living daylights out of it... Okay?"

"Okay" I mumble with my mind at ease

"I'm sorry for calling you and it's so late there"

"No baby don't you ever apologize. I'm glad you called, cause I get to hear your voice and you know it helps me sleep"

We talk for a bit till I hear her soft snores and watch her sleep as the darkness and peace finally swallows me as well.

"AHHHHHHHH I CAN'T TAKE THE PAIN!" I semi shout as another contraction comes on

It feels like I'm being kicked extra hard with a spike boot. I just want this pain to end.....

I feel a hand lock into mines, looking it's Kaution as we sit waiting for the ambulance to come. Who would've thought I would've went into labor in the damn Walmart. Walmart! Just trying to get some Patty pies.....

As we sit waiting people gather around us first taking pictures and videos cause look at Megantheestallion wife in labor in Walmart. So fucking embarrassing.

As another wave of a contraction comes on, I hear finally a savior come.

"Everyone move out the way! Coming through" I hear

As the crowd of people move to the side the EMT's come through with the stretcher. Getting both Kaution and I into the ambulance, I call Normani and let her know which hospital were specifically going to. Then I call Megan....again.

Hey remember me. You're wife! I'm in labor now.......ahhhh. Yes I'm in labor and you're missing it all. So I guess I'll tell Mani to record so you'll have something to look at. Bye!

I say frustratedly leaving her a voicemail.
If these contractions weren't coming in so hard I would be mad at her. But right now all I can think about is bringing Karter safely into this world.

"So have you heard from Megan?" Normani ask as I lay in my hospital bed
"No. No I haven't. And I don't even care anymore. She's gonna miss his birth and it's okay. She made her choice......"