4. Birthday Present

Next morning

You couldn't wake up early since you slept around 4AM when JK was still live.
Jazzy had the train to Gwangju so she had to leave before you woke up.

You looked at your mobile with your half closed eyes and was 8AM already.
You were totally stressed out as those thoughts were still spamming your head. But you woke up while ruffling your hairs and trying to adjust your eyes with the bright sunlight.

You got a message from Jazzy...

Jazz💜
Are you up?

You
Yeah

Jazz💜

I'm sorry I left without saying
bye, I just didn't wake you up
cause you didn't get to sleep
properly last night

I might won't be able to text or call you for 2-3 days, the rain is still heavy there and the internet is broke

Take care of yourself

You
It's okay Jazzy, I'm alright.
You too take care.

Jazz💜
Yeah.

You had to take a day off from cafe due to late classes.You got ready and were about to leave for the class but your ringtone stopped you to move further and receive the call. It was showing an unknown number. You hesitated but still received the call and afrer adjusting your voice said confidently, "Hello?"

No one replied.

"Yeoboseyo?"

Still no reply.

You were about to cut the call but stopped when a husky male voice came from the other end.
"Hello..."

"Who's this?" A tension formed on your face.

"Daniel"

(You sighed)"How did you get my number?"

"Is it that hard for me to get your info from the uni?" He laughed.

"Don't call me again, I'm blocking your number."

"God (he sighed) do you really think I'm that broke or that innocent to have only one number?" You could feel that he was laughing with a smirk.

"Stop beating around the bush. Since you got my number from professor, is there something important?"

"Not actually..."

Before he could complete his sentence you cut the call as soon as you heard no.
You took a deep breath cause your heart was racing. Not because you had any feelings, but just because you weren't okay with talk to a boy for a long time.

Your phone started ringing again. It was an unknown number, different from the previous one. You didn't receive since it was probably Daniel.

Your mobile rung again. You received the call. Without any formalities you said in one breath...
"Daniel, what's the exact thing? I told you not to call me, can't you understand? I'm way too busy to talk about something which is not important."

"Hello"

You found that it was a different voice but kind of familiar.

"Uhm..mm...sorry...Who's this?"

"Who's Daniel baby?" Someone asked sweetly.

"Who are you?" You kind of got the hint who that could be, a sudden shiver went down your spine leaving you aghast.