Sweet Melodies

"This is a shout out to my ex
heard he's in love with some other chick"

~

"Jimin." Seokjin's soothing voice cooed from behind the locked door. "Jimin please let me in." He leaned forward connecting his forehead with the door, only to fall forward as the door swung open.

The taller took a moment to catch his balance before gently closing the door behind himself. The small figure of his baby friend was already back under the bunch of blankets stashed on the bed. Well, Jimin wasn't a baby, he was twenty years old now, a second-year game development student at which he excelled. He was quite a big man, but to Jin, he'll always be that cute baby freshman who ran into him because he got lost on his first day.

"Jimin..." Jin said that sweet name again as he settled himself down on the edge of the bed. "What did he say?"

"Nothing." Jimin sniffled, "Literally nothing. No reply. Not a hello, not a fuck you." He buried his face under his special edition hearthstone blanket that Jin got him for his birthday last year.

"I'm sure he must have a good reason. Maybe he got held up at the studio—or his phone broke?" Jin extended one hand to pull the blanket back, revealing a tear-stained face with red puffy eyes from crying. "You know how Yoongi is. He's probably engrossed in his work."

"Or he's tired of me." Jimin cried again.

Min Yoongi is Jimin's boyfriend, his first boyfriend at that. It was their one-year anniversary today and Yoongi hasn't replied to any of Jimin's texts or calls. Jimin wasn't expecting much. He doesn't require a fancy dinner in a romantic candle-lit restaurant under the stars and a nice walk down the canal that was a hotspot for couples. Oh no, he hasn't been dreaming of that for the past month.

In all honesty, he would be happy with a pizza and a movie on his laptop, if he could just cuddle with his boyfriend whom he began to fall in love with. He was always afraid of falling in love, because of the terrible stories that you see online, he didn't want to end up like one of those heartbroken girls who get cheated on after dedicating their whole existence to one person. It took him a lot longer to open up to someone and Yoongi seemed to be very patient with his snail's pace. Until tonight.

"How about you come with me and Namjoon to the mov--" Jin was cut off by Jimin's phone vibrating with a bright notification. Jimin never sat up so quickly in his life. Seokjin sighed in relief when Jimin's lips formed a smile and the boy started typing away.

However, after a couple of minutes, Jimin struggled to open his swollen eyes wide enough to portray the shock that shot through him. He read the last text three times before suddenly throwing the phone at the wall, making it crash and causing the glass screen to shatter into bits.

Seokjin held his breath at the sudden outburst and the idea of re-reading the text was thrown out the window – or at the wall.

"Jimin." He sighed and laid down next to his weeping friend, wrapping his long arms around the smaller figure in hopes of comforting him. Jimin was crying at full power, and there was no way Jin could save this sinking ship.

It wasn't the fact that Yoongi just broke up with him, as upsetting as that was, it was more of the fact that the older did it over a text. They spent a year of opening up to each other, a year of spending almost every minute together, and just when Jimin was ready to give his everything, his soul, and his virginity to this man, he decided to end it over a text.

"Jimin." Seokjin sighed and decided to wait for the younger to stop crying before he spoke.

Suddenly Jin's phone rang, "Jinnie what's going on? You're not at home?" Namjoon's concerned tone said through the pink iPhone in Jin's hand.