true blue <3

'Tis a fearful thingto love what death can touch

to love what death can touch.
A fearful thing
to love, to hope, to dream, to be -
to be,
And oh, to lose.
A thing for fools, this,
And a holy thing,
a holy thing to love.
For your life has lived in me, your laugh once lifted me, your word was gift to me.
To remember this brings painful joy.
'Tis a human thing, love, a holy thing, to love what death has touched.
Yehuda HaLevi

The next morning she woke up confused, in a trance dazed about last night. her legs strained from the run but no part of her regrets it. the run was freeing to her, like back in amity. she missed the way the wind would blow through her hair as her bare feet planted themselves on the soft grass. how she was able to dodge trees and fallen apples. a small part of her wished she had stayed. but the other part new she wanted to be here.

eric walked through the door giving the nurse a small nod as he strode over to blue. "get up, rest is over. last week of simulation." she was relieved to be able to get out, and about the news too. only one week of this shit left, she just had to get through it first.

eric waited by the door as she got dressed. once she was ready he lead her through the bland corridors. "you know, not many people impress me blue." he looked at her with his usual cold stare.

"that's....nice?" it wasn't meant to be a question but it came out as one. she couldn't understand where he was getting at.

"yes. but that is the thing. you have impressed me, as much as it hurts my soul to say." he paused shortly. "you have great courage, very brave. i don't get how something so small can stand up to anything with such great power and actually win. you have good tactics too. that's why i want you to be careful. it's dangerous here, your playing a game. people will be after you. not only that but you're killing yourself off. stop trying to be fine and actually find something to make you happy, you look like shit."

"thank you?" again it came out like a question. why was he complimenting her, she could not guess but it was nice to hear. nothing about what he said was wrong either, she was wasting away. "sorry that came out wrong but i actually am grateful, your words mean a lot."

"i see a hint of me in you, i'm not saying your some bald guy with a bitch face. i just want to make sure you don't feel totally alone, like i did. i wish i had someone to tell me i was actually doing good instead of beating myself up all the time, feeling alone." his face changed, looked sad for a moment but quickly reverted.

"well i know it might be too late and i'm not someone you can really just...talk to but if you ever want someone to just talk to, away from all this dauntless stuff. i am always here."

"thanks kid." that was the end of the conversation as they walked into the small room where she'd spend the last few weeks. he nodded to her before leaving.