The Mighty Beast, continued...

As the mighty demon gazed at the small mortal being charging at it, it released its powerful and no doubt deadly fire from its gullet. As it looked around seeing nothing but flames and ash it felt a sense of relief.... As it sat there an eerie feeling crept up its spine, it felt burning in its underside...

"Tsk tsk, I'm very disappointed with the new demon... It's too big to see right under its own nose." Nivét stood off to the side looking at the demon. The demon collapsed, blood and guts spilling from its gutted belly.
"Man, I was expecting a real fight for once!! Ugh, so boring!"

"Runic!" She called for her steed "We better hurry up and get to what remains of the royal family's castle. Or we'll miss our big debut!" She climbed up onto Runic, gently patting his neck, she looked back at the demon; its body burning and turning to ash. "Well, let's be on our way. Good boy Rune."

After an hour of galloping through the city remains Nivét and Runic arrived at the ruined castle. She approached the square where the other warriors gathered, ready for what was to come. She was already seen as a threat, mainly because of her horse Rune, he was a demon too after all.

Runic would lie down and Nivét would sit beside him, stroking his dark black and brown coat... "Now we wait dear Rune. It's only a matter of time." Nivét's lips curl into a devious smile.

End Chapter 3, Mighty beast, part 2.