! xiv. meeting + confession

! proofread

guys i'm back!! this book is NOT DEAD!!!

scaramouche and [name] finally meeting up! what will happen?

tw: ooc scara, angst(?)

   scaramouche was nervous. today was the day he was going to meet [online name], no, [name]. how would she react? what if she reacted badly? he was planning to confess today. he put on a black turtleneck sweater along with a white jacket and a belt. he wore black baggy pants and black shoes, and he went out and bought a bouquet of [favorite flowers] for her. he really hoped she would accept his confession, he was nervous.

   meanwhile, [name] was nervous for the meet-up, scared that she would screw up when they met and make her online friend not like her. besides, she liked scaramouche, but she also liked kunikuzushi. what was she going to do? nonetheless, she put on an oversized cardigan sweater and some baggy jeans, along with some simple shoes. she didn't want to look too dressed up in fear that kunikuzushi didn't like her back and that she dressed up for him. she brushed her hair out and gathered her items before heading out. scaramouche was also gathering his stuff and he headed out as well.

   they had agreed to meet up at the local park right before the sun set at 7. they headed out at 6:40 and walked there.

-

   [name] arrived first. she was nervously fidgeting with her fingers and occasionally checking her phone. kuni said he would arrive at 7, and it was 6:59. then it hit 7, and she saw a figure walk towards her as her jaw dropped open.

   a figure was walking toward her, and the figure became visible. the clouds were pink and orange, and exactly at 7 pm, scaramouche stood there in a fancy outfit and in all his glory. his hair was neatly brushed out, and he was holding a bouquet of [favorite flowers]. wait a second—scaramouche was kuni?!

"you're kunikuzushi?" [name] asked dumbly, agape at who her online friend was.

   "...yea. and you're [online name]?" [name] nodded as scaramouche continued his sentence. she didn't know what to say, so she just awkwardly stayed quiet. "[name], [online name], my best friend and closest... the person that I value the most in my life, my healer, my muse, my crush..." [name] nearly choked as she heard the word 'crush.' "...I love you. will you go out with me, [nickname]?"

   "...yes. I love you too, scaramouche, kunikuzushi. you're the best person I've met in my life. and I'm glad I met you, ever since we met from an argument online, you've fixed me completely."

   scaramouche's eyes widened. never had he thought he would be good enough to love someone, he never thought he'd love someone, in fact. if he told his past self he loves someone, his past self would probably end up laughing and cussing him out. but here he was. "so, we're a thing now."

   "yea," [name] said, flushing from the closeness. then scaramouche awkwardly leaned in, and kissed her.

   the raiden scaramouche was kissing her. he smelled like the fresh pages of a new book, and scaramouche caught whiff of [name]'s scent, oranges. she smelled like his favorite fruit, probably because she had eaten an orange almost every morning. he hugged her afterward, smiling at her. "I love you," [name] said, hugging him back.

"I love you, too."

   they sat on the bench in silence, watching the sun pass downwards toward the horizon. the sun set peacefully, the sky bursting out with waves of orange and pink, then slowly fading into black as the stars started to twinkle. a song started playing on [name]'s phone; we fell in love in october.