! i. rude encounter

! third person, you will be shorter than scara in this fic but the height is your choice as long as it's shorter.

!proofread

   [name] woke up to a particularly annoying sound on her alarm clock. "ugh, seriously?... Isn't it Sunday?" she grumbled. "I shouldn't have my alarm on..."

she lazily pulled out her phone and checked the date.

monday

   "what the hell?! it's Monday?!" she yelled, suddenly getting up. "sh##, I'm gonna be late, I'm gonna be late..."

   she ran her hair through with a brush as she ran into the bathroom, changing into the school's uniform and rushing to brush her teeth. Dashing downstairs, she had only time to quickly eat a small bowl of cereal and bring a bottle of a protein shake, along with her water bottle. Her tote bag could only fit so much; just her schoolbooks, her phone, her bottle of protein shake and her water, her wallet, a small book, and her housekeys.

"[name]! It's 7:50, hurry up!" her mom's voice called.

   "here's your lunch," said her dad, passing her a white Styrofoam container. apparently he was what they called a 'malewife.'

   "thanks, dad," [name] replied, dashing out of the door after putting the container into a plastic bag and putting it into her tote bag. "bye, love you both!"

   "you too," her parents called. [name] dashed out of the door and headed to her bus stop. there was just her and a few kids that she didn't recognize, so she just didn't speak to them for fear of being deemed as 'weird.' when she got to school, a breath she hadn't noticed she'd been holding in was let out.

   "oh, hey, guys!" [name] exclaimed, calling out to her friends: sara was having a playful argument with itto, yoimiya was on her phone recording them to send to their groupchat, venti was talking to ayato about how to sneak things other than water and energy/protein drinks into school, ayaka was also recording the scene of sara and itto, and thoma was at her side, watching sara and itto's quarrel.

"hey, [name]!!" said yoimiya. "don't mind them, they're fighting as usual."

"yup," ayaka agreed, biting into a stick of dango; thoma also had a stick and was inhaling it like air.

"thoma, you're gonna choke," [name] sweatdropped.

"I'll be fine, trust me," said thoma, then five seconds later started choking.

"thoma!" ayato yelled, rushing over to assist his friend. "you okay, bro?"

"yea," thoma coughed, having just got it unstuck from his throat.

[name] sighed and facepalmed. "thoma, be more careful next time."

"for real," ayaka sighed, finishing her dango.

   after sara and itto finally decided to stop arguing, everyone headed inside the entrance to the Inazuma department. the other students gave them the side eye as this friend group was quite unusual.

"I feel like they're judging us," yoimiya whispered nervously.

   "ignore them, they're not worth our time," sara assured her. yoimiya could only nod, but she slightly trembled as they walked through the hallway.

   "nah, they're just scared 'cause we're their seniors," ayato shrugged. "I mean, they're freshman, we're seniors!"

   "nice reassurance, ayato," said ayaka. "I mean, if it makes yoimiya feel better than I'll ignore how stuck-up that sounds." that gave her a slap from ayato on the arm as ayaka slapped him back.