! vi. alice in wonderland

! proofread

warning: long chapter(very long chapter, probably)

   "[name]! did you actually manage to befriend scaramouche?" thoma asked her as she walked out of the changing room, having just got changed into her costume.

"yup!" [name] replied proudly, "me and him set off fireworks together yesterday."

   "you and scaramouche... who would've thought you two would make a great pair... anyways, good luck on the play, [nickname]," thoma smiled as he exited the back theater.

   "thanks, thoma!" said [name]. "I'll do my best." she had been practicing her script with scaramouche yesterday, and she spent the whole day today memorizing her lines with permission to skip all of her classes except for lunch break for it.

   she looked around, seeing other people in their costumes: signora was the red queen, ganyu was the white queen, venti was the march hare, paimon was the chesire cat, diona was dina, alice's cat. she didn't see scaramouche anywhere. keqing was her sister in the play (alice's sister).

   scaramouche suddenly burst into the theater doors, in his costume. "been rehearsing my lines," he retorted. "oh, hi [name]."

"hi, scaramouche," [name] smiled. "oh, you've already gotten changed?"

   "yea, venti forced me to practice with him." scaramouche rolled his eyes playfully. "honestly, he needs to get a grip of himself."

   "don't do my boy venti like that, scary-mushroom," [name] chuckled as she slapped her hand on his shoulder. "anyways, we should probably get ready, the play could be starting any minute."

   "okay," said scaramouche, looking around at the cast. "I barely know any of these people except for signora, and I don't even talk to her much. tch. I guess I'll have to trust you for this one."

   [name] was fidgeting with her gloves, just as ningguang, the headmaster, came over and told them to get into position. she rushed onto the stage and propped herself against a fake tree, just as keqing came over with the book in her hand and sat down. it was a grassy area, as it was supposed to be a sort of meadow. the curtains drew as the play finally started.

   "alice(ALICE IS YOU BY THE WAY, YOU HAVE TO STAY IN CHARACTER!!), are you paying attention?" said keqing, looking over at the [hair color]-haired girl.

"hihihi..." [name] muttered, apparently fast asleep.

   "alice, are you listening to your history lesson?" her sister scolded lightly, as [name] suddenly jolted awake.

   "oh, I'm sorry!" said [name]. "but how are you supposed to pay attention to a book with no pictures?"

"there are many books without pictures that are good, alice," keqing sighed.

   again, [name] had dozed off again, with her cat dinah, until the sound of a pocketwatch rustling alerted her. a rabbit in a waistcoat? that's extremely odd.

   "I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date(time)!" the rabbit panicked. it was yanfei, who had decided to play that role.

   I wonder what a rabbit could possibly be late for? [name] wondered, getting up to follow it. "ma'am?"

   "I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! no time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late, I'm late!" yanfei panicked, as she disappeared down a well. well, she might be late for a party, [name] thought.

   "what a very peculiar place for a party!" said [name]. "meow!" diona agreed. she jumped into the well, holding her cat in one arm and spreading her other arm out for a more safe fall. behind the scenes, they landed her on a soft cushion. "you know, dina, I do feel like it's kind of nosy to be into this rabbit's business, don't you think? and we haven't been invited after all... uh, dinah? where did you go? oh dear me, i'm falling! what if I fall right through the center of the earth, and come out and see people walking upside down?! no, that's quite silly..."