Chapter 24:Followers

Depuis le début

"Hawks:Yeah, yeah, if you try and blackmail me you'll find I'm backed by Japan's government, so don't even try."

With that, Hawks began to walk away as Sombra chuckled....and said something that made him stop in his tracks.

"Sombra:I guess they would like to keep their little assassin out of trouble."

As Hawks came to a sudden stop, he turned around to face Sombra with a seemingly bored expression, while the hacker looked like she was enjoying herself.

"Hawks:Excuse me?"

"Sombra:Don't try and play the oblivious card. The Hero Public Safety Commission has a lot of detailed records on you....Keigo Takami."

Hearing that name sent a chill down Hawks' spine, considering nobody was supposed to know it.

"Hawks:How-?"

"Sombra:I know a lot of things. Just make sure your new boss gets this for me, asesino. It's for his eyes only."

Sombra suddenly threw a small USB drive at Hawks, which he grabbed out of the air right as Sombra disappeared in a flash of pink digital light.

After staring at where the Talon Agent had been for a few seconds, Hawks looked down at the USB in his hands before putting it in his pocket, and resuming his original mission.

Later that night, Hawks was floating above the city while holding both the USB drive Sombra had given him, and a folder containing all the info he'd been sent to collect in the same hand, and something extra.

The Hero-Turned Spie was also talking his new boss, (Y/N), on his phone, retelling what had happened.

"(Y/N):So, a Talon Agent was there, and she gave you a USB?"

"Hawks:Yep. She wanted me to give it to you as well. I haven't checked what's on it because she said your eyes only, and who knows what'll happen if I try and use it. It could be a bomb."

"(Y/N):......Are you saying you want me to potentially use a bomb?"

"Hawks:You survived getting stabbed through the heart, you'll be fine if a bomb explodes in your face."

"(Y/N):Did you at least get the stuff I asked you to get?"

"Hawks:I certainly did boss. Want me to get you a chocolate bar while I'm still here?"

"(Y/N):I....can't tell if you're being serious or not. The answer's no by the way."

At that moment, a small portal opened up in front of Hawks, with the Hero putting both the folder and the USB through it, letting (Y/N) grab them as he sat in his room, wearing casual clothes.

"(Y/N):Thanks. Have a nice night, Hawks."

"Hawks:You too, boss."

With that, (Y/N) ended the call and put his phone away, staring at the USB Sombra gave Hawks for a few seconds, deciding what he should do with it.

Once those few seconds were up, he calmly put it on his desk before opening the folder Hawks had also given him and began searching through it for potential quirks he could take, or new members for The League.

While he didn't find for the second category, either because they were too weak to be a main member, wouldn't align with their goals in a meaningful way, were just criminals, or were actually deserving of the title of Villain and monster, he did find hundreds upon hundreds of potential quirks for him to take and use due to their utility and potential.

Although, he did find a handful of candidates for recruitment, with one coming from a little note Hawks had slipped into the folder.

"(Y/N):Lady Nagant?....Interesting."