Chapter Forty Three

Start from the beginning

However, the thought of Devon and his rejection pretty much haunted me and though I didn't actually think of him or what happened that time, I knew that had shaped my relationship with boys and what I wanted from them. I wanted from them what they wanted from me- sex.

"Well Devon, you're no longer the only one in the 'I rejected Leah' club." I muttered to myself as I got up from the floor.

My torn clothes were pulled off my body and tossed into the bin as there was no way I could salvage it. Wiping my neither region, which was still wet and in need, I put on some new clothes and tied my hair up.

I unlocked the door and headed over to the kitchen where I knew I could find what I was in desperate need of. "Hello friend." I muttered to the bottle of chardonnay.

Once opened, I poured it into a mug as I could not be bothered getting a wine glass and chugged it down. The alcohol did nothing to tame down the humiliation I was still feeling so I poured myself another mug ignoring the disapproving looks I got from Jo.

"I know you have gone through something traumatic but I don't think you should be drinking so much." Jo softly said as she watched me sip on my mug.

She knew how I wanted to have a real relationship with Vladamir and he turned me down?

"You know?" I questioned groaning into the mug. Could this get more embarrassing?

Jo nodded. "That man would have hurt you. You acted in self-defence."

Oh wait, she was talking about the man I killed!

How could I have forgotten that? Fuck! Could my life get any worse?

Murder and rejection. It sounded like some true crime shit.

I threw back the rest of the drink and stood up. I needed a distraction and I needed to get out of here. I didn't want to see Vladamir's stupid face when he got back from...Tahlia.

This time I didn't bother to pour the drink into the mug, I drank it straight from the bottle. I needed to forget everything that had happened.

Taking the bottle back with me, I drank some more as I called Nina.

"Hey Leah." Came Nina's soft voice. "How are you doing? Luca told me wh-"

"I don't want to talk about it. Let's do something, let's go out!" Keeping Nina on speakerphone I pulled out a short red dress that I knew I would look incredible in.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Nina muttered hesitantly. "Why don't you come over to mine?"

So what? I could watch you with your mate that loves you and wants to be with you?

"You know what, forget it." I knew I was being rude but I didn't care. Ending the call, I sent out a few messages to my other friends to see if anyone was free or interested in going out.

"I need new friends." I groaned as I tossed my phone on the bed after reading the multiple responses that said no one was free. I ignored all the messages Nina sent me, I didn't want to deal with her right now.

"No, I don't need anybody." I told myself as I stared into the mirror and blended my foundation with a beauty blender.

As I was adding some finishing touches to my makeup I realised that Vladamir wouldn't let me leave here alone and though I really did not give a flying fuck about what he wanted I knew I couldn't argue with him on that. If I went out with a Lycan I knew Vladamir wouldn't be as against it and at least that way I have company and security, both were things I was in desperate need of.