.01

*Sigh* 'Am I really doing this ...'

Kazuki stood in front of the door that would lead him to the auditorium. He is contemplating his decision, like going back home and reading in his room would be a lot better...right?

But even if he do that...his Father already signed the contract. For Kazuki, it was as if his Father just sold him to a stick man, being already done with his BS...

'Well I'm here now, might as well see what's this is really about...'

Opening the door, he was met with many faces staring at him.

Hating the attention, Kazuki moved towards the edge of the room

"So he did get invited..."

"Wasn't he already guaranteed to go pro?"

Kazuki ignored all the comments, leaning against the wall, he looked around the crowd.

'Didn't know there would be this much...I hate crowd places. Well more like hate humanity in general...'

A short while later, the door reopened, allowing two more people to enter the space. "Uh, isn't that Kima?...no Kina? Fuck it, I don't know..." Kazuki muttered to himself.

When the light abruptly went out, Kazuki instinctively focused on a thin person moving towards the front. "Congratulation, diamonds in the rough." Focusing on that one person, the spotlight illuminated the stage. "You are the 300 18-and-under strikers who have been chosen according to my arbitrary and biased decision-making. And I am Ego Jinpachi, the man hired to make sure Japan wins the World Cup."

All of the students were surprised by the comment, and mumbles filled the entire room. 'The World Cup? What exactly is he saying?' Kazuki was equally as clueless as everyone else about what this man was talking about.

"Who is he?...Do you know him?"

"No, no clue"

"...Simply put, there's one thing Japanese soccer needs to become the best in the world:..." The Japanese flag was seen as the spotlight turned red, "The birth of a revolutionary striker. I'll be performing an experiment here to turn one of you 300 into the world's best striker. And that's what this facility is for 'Blue Lock'"

"Starting today, you will live here together and undergo special top training I've devised. You won't be able to go home and you'll say goodbye to whatever soccer life you've been living up to now..."

Although it wasn't a major deal for Kazuki, the same cannot be said for the others. These athletes must have put in a lot of practise time in preparation for the Nationals, "But I promised you this: If you manage to survive and beats out 299 other guys here to become the last man standing, you will be the world's greatest striker. That is all. Nice to meet you."

Another round of muttering fills the room. One person raised their hand amid all the commotion, drawing others' attention. His expression alone indicates that he is not enthusiastic about the idea.