.00

As he sprinted towards the target, he could see the audience moving, but it was too silent. Things like this used to be so thrilling, to see as thousands of people yelled his name in support, but after all that had happened, it wasn't the same anymore. He no longer experiences the thrill.

'Is it because he no longer plays with me ?...uh who knows...'

He hears his teammate calling out to him, interrupting his stream of thought.

"Kazuki!! Pass it here"

"Pass!!"

Kazuki disregarded his teammate's calls. He kept running until he was at least 30 metres from the goal. Without hesitation, he kicks the ball through the air at a frightening rate that there wasn't even enough time for the opposing goalkeeper to respond to the kick.

He had landed himself a hat trick, scoring 3 times in this game alone.

"Nice!! There's 5 minute left, let's try going for another one Kazuki!!"

Hearing his name being called, Kazuki looked towards his coach and replied, "We're already 5 score ahead though...what's the point?"

Out of nowhere, an arm slung around his shoulder, "What? You've reached your limit already?"

"With how much i've been carrying this team, would you really be surprised?"

Just like that, Kazuki walked back to his position.

'5 more minutes'

...

Timeskip

The game ended with the scoring being 7-0, Kazuki were immediately surrounded by reporters before he could even leave the field.

"Kazuki-kun, what is your future plan? Are you going pro?"

If he had not lost his enthusiasm, he would have unquestionably said yes but after seeing what soccer had become into, it was no longer truly certain.

"If becoming a pro requires competing with athletes like that...players that couldn't even score at least once...is it really worth it?"

Walking, Kazuki left the crowd of reporters in complete silence, having not come out with any response.

...

Opening the door to his house, he was greeted by a smile.

"Did you have fun~?"

(I don't know who this is, just found it online)

"You won right~?"

The man in front of him is Kento Arashi, Kazuki's older brother. Kento was the one that introduces soccer to Kazuki, who also used to play alongside him but a car accident happened leaving Kento lower body completely immobilize.

"Yeah...as usual, our opponents weren't anything special." Placing his shoes to the side, he step forward grabbing the handle of the wheelchair, pushing them towards the living room.

Kento giggles, "Come on now, you can't expect everyone to be good at the sport. The fact that they even managed to play for the 90 minute game with you there should be considered a brave act already."

"An unnecessary act..."

Settling down on the couch, Kazuki looked down on the coffee table, an enveloped catching his eyes.

"Oh that...A very thin man with a horrendous bowl cut came by and drop that off, he said it was for you." Kento mumbles as he sip his boba.

"What's in it?" Kazuki asked grabbing the enveloped.

"The hell would I know, I don't always go about your business!"

Ignoring his brother, Kazuki teared the seal open, pulling out a paper.

Kazuki hummed as he read along the content of the paper. He is not sure if this should be consider as an invitation because it's not asking him to come, it was demanding him to come.

"You should accept it." Kento said, having to also to read the content with him. Kazuki stayed quiet as he read the letter again.

"Beside, you've been complaining about soccer being not as thrilling as it used to...maybe you'll finally meet people who'll bring that side of you that's been sealed for too long."

"I guess...but I can't." Kazuki put down the paper and leaned back on the couch.

"Why not?"

"Who's gonna take care of you if I go...?" Kazuki answered.

...

...

"Gah-!!" A somehow hard rock-like pillow smacked him on his face, leaving him stumbling to the ground.

"WHAT THE HECK!!??" He looked up to his brother who held an innocent face.

"Your going and it's final...Besides, Father already signed the contract so...nothing you can do anymore."

Kento wheeled himself out of the living room, leaving Kazuki watching him go. He glanced at the paper once again...

'Become the best striker huh...'

'Then if you really want me to go...i guess I'll fulfill your unfulfilled dream Kento'

i guess I'll fulfill your unfulfilled dream Kento'

----------