I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his torso, closing my eyes as my head turns to rest my cheek against his toned back.

He takes one hand and gives my forearm a gentle squeeze as he pours coffee into two mugs for us. He's pouring straight black coffee into his and adding some vanilla creamer to mine, making it a lighter, milkier brown.

He turns around in my hold, bearing the two mugs in each hand. He kisses my nose and hands me the white mug as he keeps the black one.

"Morning." he whispers in a tired, raspy early morning voice.

"Morning." I say as I take the mug and break my hold on him. I lift myself up onto one of the stools at the counter, as he stands adjacent to me.

He's looking down into his coffee, hands folded by his mouth. I can tell that there's stuff on his mind, just like me.

I look at the gold ring on his right middle finger. The worries which I expressed last night are still there, but I feel like it's too fresh to talk about in a mature way. I make myself look away from the ring.

I gently rub his bicep. "You okay?"

He takes his hands away from his mouth and crosses his arms against his chest while leaning into the counter, he looks at me and gives me a small smile with a hum.

"Yeah." he pauses, his lips pulling to the side. "Yeah, Im just...you know...thinking about what you said last night."

I take my hand away and shake my head. "Harry, I was being irrational—"

"You weren't though." he immediately cuts me off. "You weren't. That's the thing, everything you said was true."

My eyes search his for distress, but he didn't look distressed—I don't know what I found in his eyes...it looked more like defeat, but over what?

I don't want to start our day off this way.

"You know what..." I say with a small shrug, my voice soft. "it's not something we can fix immediately, so we just have to figure it out as we go."

His brows crease as he gazes my face up and down. Maybe he was expecting more of a reaction out of me, but I had my reaction last night. Now, all I can do is be there for him as much as he can for me. If we approach it with levelled minds and maturity, we can do it.

"It'll be okay." I whisper.

We'll be okay.

He blinks a few times, like he was rendered without words. So, instead of saying anything, he leans in and kisses my lips.

I close my eyes at the comfort of his mouth, taking in the feeling before he pulls away.

His eyes remain closed for a moment after as he takes a breath in. When he opens his eyes, they're still on me. "I just wanna protect you." he says in a whisper.

"You have been." I reassure with a fallen face.

Harry and I have been in danger for a while. We have people out for us, and I don't know why. It's a scary thought, but I know we have each other. He's done nothing but protect me and I'd do the same for him at the drop of a hat.

He's beating himself up, and it's because he doesn't feel good enough for me. I have a heavy feeling in my stomach knowing that he's feeling this way.

He takes another deep inhale and then rubs his face with his hands, straightening up.

"Jesus, sorry. I didn't want our first days as a couple to be like this." he laughs slightly but I knew nothing was funny.

"We're not perfect." I state. "The point is that I want to be with you, and that's enough for me."