𝑪𝒉 𝟏𝟏| 𝑰𝒎𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕

"Y/n, are you sure you're paying attention," Gojo asks, he stares over my fallen body. His tone and expression feel almost condescending.

"Yes," I groan, struggling to roll up from my lying position on the ground. I knew my breathing was unsteady, but I couldn't help it, I was growing tired with how much we sparred.

"Mm, it doesn't seem like it."

I zero my eyes at him, annoyed by how effortlessly he was beating me.

"How about we take a break?" He suggests.

"I'm fine," I roll my eyes and becoming more irritated.

He lets out an airy scoff, "right."

"I am." I reiterate once more.

"What's bothering you so much? You don't usually get this worked up." He says his voice getting lighter, trying a softer approach.

I finally gain the effort to sit up on the ground, trudging myself up. I stare holes into the ground not sure what to say to Gojo because unfortunately for me he's not the type to let up.

I was just getting more and more bothered by the lack of improvement I was making. It felt like I'd been stuck at the same level for what felt like forever and after learning about what Chaos magic is capable I can't help but feel like I'm not enough.

The mat below me dips and when I look up Gojo is sitting right beside me. I scrunch my face, upset that he's continuing to bother me. I feel his eyes continue to watch me and when I look up at them I can't help but confess.

"I need to get better," I say. I wish to ball my hands up from my anger but instead, I do the opposite. I let my hands relax to form a small cursed energy sphere. I steadily twirl it around my fingers letting it calm me. "It's just I know that Chaos Magic can do so much more. Yet, I can't even fathom changing reality as Chthon did."

"Ah, Chthon is in your head is he?" Gojo muses.

"I just," I begin before getting caught up in my head. "I feel like I can barely hold my own in fights lately."

Before I could continue Gojo let out a huff laughing at me. I look up at him upset that he interrupted me.

"Now you're just being dramatic." He speaks amused lolling his head back as he leans back casually. "First off you haven't even had a real fight lately. Plus Y/n, if it weren't for the higher ups you could be a special-grade sorcerer."

"Yeah but I'm not." I say quickly. Too quickly. I take a few deep breathes trying to steady myself and the cursed energy that's in my palm.

No matter how I view his words they just bounce off of me. I couldn't do much against Sukuna or Todo who only had two years of experience on me. However, if I had been as powerful as Chthon I wouldn't have to worry about anyone. I would be able to defeat them with no problem.

"It's probably not best to stress about changing reality. I can't imagine that ending too well." I roll my eyes at the light-hearted joke a small smile forming on my face.

"One day it's just going to come to you Y/n. Then you'll be one of the strongest sorcerers just under me, of course." Gojo gets up offering me a hand. After a moment I finally take it.

Today is the first day of the Sister-School exchange event. But, more importantly, it's the day that Gojo is going to reveal that Itadori's alive. All this time I've been living a double life hanging out with Nobara and Megumi during the day only to sneak away from them at night to see Itadori. However, it was all worth it if it meant keeping Itadori safe.