𝑪𝒉 𝟖| 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔

"He told us to live a long life.." Nobara trailed on. "What use is he dead? Hey, is this the first time a friend of yours has died?"

"A classmate, yeah," Megumi replied. I couldn't get myself to reply though, her question was too vague. So instead I mindlessly picked at my nails.

"Really, but you seem fine."

"Look who's talking."

"Of course, I've only known him for two weeks. I'm not the kind of girl.. who cries over a boy she barely knows." But even I, who was barely paying attention could hear her shaky voice.

"Sheesh you look more moody than usual, Megumi. What is this a funeral?" A strong voice said breaking the quiet environment. "Oh sup, Y/n."

"Zen'in Senpai," Megumi said curtly.

"Don't you dare call me by my last,-"

"Maki!! Maki!!" A Hushed voice whisper yelled.

"He did die. It happened yesterday! A first-year boy!!"

"Fish flakes!!" Toge and Panda hid behind a tree.

"Now I look like a cold-hearted demon!!" Maki lashed out at the two. Her dramatics brought subtle amusement to my foul mood.

"Well, you pretty much are!"

"Tuna mayo."

"Who are these people?" Nobara questions.

"These are our upperclassmen," I finally speak up.

"That's Zen'in Maki out of all the students here, nobody's a better cursed-tool user than her," Megumi tells Nobara.

"That is Inumaki Toge," I say pointing to Inumaki. "He's a cursed-speech user. The only words he says are rice-bal fillings. And Panda Senpai."

"Okkotsu isn't here, but he's the only one I can sincerely respect."

"You're so dramatic," I say my tone playful. Megumi's quite judgemental when I think about it.

"You're telling me you look up to these idiots," Megumi asks.

Looking over Maki is hitting Panda with her weapon still in its case. Inumaki just stands to the side hoping to avoid her aggression.

"Touché." I shrug my shoulders.

"Wait so where's this Okkotsu guy?" Nobara looks over to us for the answer.

"He's abroad right now." Megumi answers.

"You gonna elaborate on Panda? Or is he just, you know, a Panda?" She presses her lips flat.

"Sorry 'bout this.. especially during this sad time." Panda buts in. "But we want you guys.. to participate in the Kyoto sister-school goodwill event."

"Kyoto sister-school goodwill event?" Nobara repeats confused.

"It's a goodwill event with the other Jujutsu High in Kyoto." Megumi clarifies for her. "But isn't it usually second and third years who participate?"

I can think back to the stories Gojo told me about his goodwill event when he was still in school. With how enthusiastic he was about his stories it was almost like I was there. When I was little it's what I looked forward to most when it came to attending Tokyo Jujutsu High.

Now a year early I had the opportunity to participate.

"Those idiot third years are suspended right now. We don't have enough people, so you guys are in." Maki says with determination.

"What do we do in the event? Smash bros?"

"Tokyo High. Kyoto High. Over two days each principal chooses an event for the day." Panda says. "But that's oversimplifying it."