𝑪𝒉 𝟐| 𝑽𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒍

Heading back to the school the next day Megumi and I dressed more casually attempting to blend in with the students.

We stare at the rugby field noticing the surprisingly big curse. We weren't alarmed by any means just confused. "Is there a dead body here or something?" The man beside me asks.

"Possibly."

"Even so I'd say it's grade two, but in a place like this? I wonder if it has anything to do with the cursed object."

I flex my fingers trying to get a feel for the object's presence. "Damn it the presence is too big! The cursed object's energy just seems to be floating everywhere, I can't track it down to one location."

"What a pain this mission has turned into," Megumi grumbles. "Maybe we should close off the school. Then we can check every nook and cranny."

We continue walking down the sidewalk just hoping to get a clue as to where the object is. Ahead of the two of us, we notice a gathering watching two people compete in track competitions.

Megumi and I walk behind the crowd and watch as a pink-haired boy our age throws a weighted ball at the soccer net resulting in a dent. My eyes widen in astonishment at the sight. How is that even possible and he did that with zero cursed energy?

I watch him happily scurry off to his friends paying no mind to his impressive achievement. For some reason, I just couldn't take my eyes off of him feeling drawn to him.

He suddenly runs far away whizzing right past me and Megumi. When he does I feel a surge of abnormal cursed energy. I look over at Megumi and even he seems to feel the cursed energy too. Does he have the finger?

"Hey you, wait up!" I yell out hoping to catch the attention of the boy.

"Gah! How the hell is he so fast?!" Megumi says exasperated.

"He runs the 50-meter dash in three seconds..." A few boys say walking by. "What is he a car?!"

Megumi and I glance at each other coming to the consensus not to chase after him, no point when we know we'll never catch him.

Before leaving I peer into a few of the student's heads trying to learn anything else that might be helpful. Their voices all rang through my head as I intently listened for anything.

'Damn, I can't believe Itadori threw that like it was nothing!' One of the voices spoke. I stop my powers when no one else adds anything helpful.

Itadori, huh?

Megumi and I call Ijichi to pick the two of us up from the school. When we arrive back at Jujutsu Tech we separate back to our dorms to change from our casual clothes to our school uniforms.

When we meet back up with Ijichi we give him directions using my cursed technique to track down the boy. "Left," I instruct. Megumi sits beside me with a tablet in hand looking over the boys' information.

"Yuji Itadori is a 1st year with decent grades and seems to be a part of the occult club despite his athletic abilities." Megumi continues to look over his information telling me any useful information.

When I finally track his location I looked at the front of the building to see a sign that read Hospital.

Both Megumi and I walked in through the lobby to see the boy at the front desk. He seemed to be the only person still here due to the late night.

"Yuji Itadori, correct?" Megumi asks with a serious tone. "We're from Jujutsu high school. Sorry, but there's no time. The cursed object you have is extremely dangerous. Hand it over right away."