Chapter 9

The next day, Melody left early in the morning, heading to the Library she always go to when she has the time. She pulled out a spare key the Librarian gave her, and unlocked the door. Inside, she met the beauty of books everywhere, her only escape route from her harsh life. Her hands glided along the spines of the books, loving the feel of it. She saw Romeo and Juliet on the shelf, and smiled at the memory of when she read it next to Sherlock. She continued on, reaching the back of the room where there is a fireplace, and a couple of sofas. She sat in one, and just stared at the glowing fireplace. While she was in her thoughts, she realised something. The fireplace was lighted just earlier. Someone else is here. . .
Melody quickly stood up when she heard footsteps. She turned around to see a man in a business suit, an umbrella in one hand. He leaned against the umbrella, staring intently at her. "Who are you?" Melody asked him quietly.
"Hmm, yes indeed." he said, like she never spoke. "My brother sure has good taste. You are definitely a keeper for him."
"Sorry?" Melody frowned. "What are you talking about?"
"Ah, yes of course." he said. He stood up straight, and bowed his head. "I am Mycroft Holmes. Sherlock's older brother."
"You're Mycroft?" Melody looked at him shocked. Sherlock had explained about Mycroft, she just didn't know what he looked like. Quite a shock.
"I also work for the British Government."
"Why are you here?" Melody questioned him. "How did you get in anyway?"
"I have my ways, Miss Rose." Mycroft said, moving to sit on one of the sofas. "And I wanted to speak to you."
"About what?" Melody moved back to her seat, across from him.
"About why you haven't revealed yourself yet."
"Well you are the Government, don't you have files on me? You should know anyway." Melody said.
"Your life isn't a Cinderella story." Mycroft said.
"Who said it was?" Melody retorted. "In the actual Cinderella, her sisters mutilate their feet so it can fit the shoe."
"Ah, you know how to ruin the mood, don't you. I can see why he adores you."
"Why do you want to talk to me about this?" Melody said, wanting to move on.
"You see, I have been looking out for my dear brother," Mycroft explained, examining the room while doing so. "I am sad to say that he isn't acting the same."
"The same?" Melody frowned, worried.
"No, he hasn't." Mycroft confirmed. "He doesn't help the police on cases, because he is too busy searching for you. He is getting bored looking though, but doesn't want to lose you since you are, what did he say? 'The love of his life'?" Mycroft turned his attention back to the shocked Melody. "Should we be expecting happy news at the end of the week?"
"I don't know," she gulped, "will we?"
"That is for you to decide, Miss Rose." Mycroft then stood up, straightening his suit. "Think this through, will you?"
Mycroft Holmes then left the Library, leaving Melody with more things to think through.
***
"Heard anything yet?" John asked Sherlock when he came to Baker Street to visit like always.
"Mycroft gave me a visit." Sherlock said, writing down a music note on the song he is composing.
"Oh? How did that go?" John moved to sit in his chair, when he caught a glimpse of Sherlock's song title. 'Mystery woman'.
He shook his head at his friend's love for the Mystery woman, and sat down properly. "Mycroft just about helped me to finding her." Sherlock said, putting his violin down.
"Really? How?" John asked him shocked.
"Mycroft paid her a visit."
"Really?" John exclaimed.
"Really." Sherlock confirmed. "He just told me which Library to go to, that's all."
"But that's a good lead. . .right?"
"Right." Sherlock agreed, grabbing Mystery woman's shoe. "Let's go to the Library."
***
Melody stayed in the Library for the rest of the day, until she saw her step-mother and sisters enter the Library. What she noticed instantly though, was that the two sisters looked just like her. "What's going on?" Melody asked hesitantly.
"Sherlock is heading his way here now-" her eyes widened at the news, "-and I want you to not be in here. One of my daughters are going to be the one famous next to him."
Before another word could be said, Melody was grabbed from behind by two buff guys, and was pulled far away from her area. "Let me go!" Melody exclaimed, struggling in their grasp. The guys didn't budge, and held her firmly behind a book shelf. She peered through the shelf to see Miranda hide away, while Meredith and Sarah sat on one of the sofas.

Then the door opened. . .

There, stood Sherlock Holmes, with his companion, Dr John Watson. They looked around the room, before Sherlock turned to John, saying something before they went their separate ways in the Library.
***
"Right," Sherlock said, looking around the Library. "You look in the left, I'll look in the right."
"Okay." John nodded. "I'll let you know if I find her."
They went their separate ways, looking for Sherlock's Mystery woman. The both of them felt a thrill of excitement, being very close to finding the woman. Sherlock couldn't sit still during the whole taxi ride.
Sherlock looked around, going all the way to the back to see brown hair from a woman. Sherlock moved towards the woman. . .
***
"No." Melody whispered, watching Sherlock walk towards Meredith and Sarah. Sarah locked eyes with Melody, gave a sadistic smile to her, before putting her act up.
Sherlock finally reached them, and studied the back of Meredith's head. He then finally spoke. "You are not her."
Meredith looked at Sherlock surprised, while Sherlock narrowed his eyes at her and Sarah. Miranda then showed up, making Sherlock look at her surprised at her unexpected appearance. "You're right," Miranda said. "Because I am your Mystery woman."
"No. No you are not." Sherlock said immediately.
"What are you talking about? Of course I am your Mystery woman." Miranda lied.
Melody shook her head at them, deciding to leave no matter how much she wanted to call out to him. "I'm leaving." she told the buff guys, shrugging their hands off her. She blindly walked away, only to crash into a certain Doctor John Watson. . .