Chapter 39

-

-

REN's POV

-

" It was a little before we had stormed into the The Omegan Testing Organization. I was staying over at Midoryia's house to watch little Izumi like I would every Wednesday. Their parents were at work and Midoryia was spending as much time as he could with his mate before he moved. I had put Izumi down for a nap and left to make something for lunch.

Their house was huge, but it was a smaller mansion with thirteen rooms, including an outdoor pool, indoor pool with a hot tub and sauna, a gym, a playroom, two living rooms, a huge dinning room, a very spacious kitchen, a training room, guest bedrooms, and some rooms that were locked and not accessible to me.

To get to the kitchen you had to go through a long corridor that had rooms on either sides. These were some of the guests rooms and some that were always locked. However I noticed that one of the locked rooms were left open a crack and being the curious person I am, I went in.

What I saw made my blood run cold...
Inside was a tack board with missing persons papers scattered on the board and red string connected most of the pictures and they all led to one person.

A man with black hair and red eyes, he was alien to me, someone I didn't know and yet he had the same description as my mate which was a little unsettling.

Below that was a picture of my mate and then me beside him. The red string was pointed downward and a sticky note was placed right above our pictures.

On it read: Next To Die

My heart stopped and I was so focused on it that I didn't notice someone walk in and close the door behind them. I jumped and looked around and saw Hisashi Midoryia with a very angry look on his face.
He walked up to me with a orange envelope in his hands.

" Mr. Midoryia, I'm so sorry. I saw the door open and let my curiosity get the better of me.." I tried to explain myself but he just stared at me in silence. That was until he walked over to the board and opened the envelope and pull out more pictures and other papers.

" Ren, what you saw today must never leave this room. I want you to have a seat and I'll explain everything." He said and I complied and took a seat in one of the empty chairs. He pulled his own up and sat in front of me with a stern look on his face.
" Ren, you are a very dear friend to us and we want you to know will we do everything we can to protect you." He said and I was not panicking and he knew it.

" I don't understand, what is happening?!" I was now starting to cry and my chest tightened in fear. He let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair.

" The Midoryia family isn't just popular because I am the hero president...We are decedents of a long line of assassins. Also known as the Midori clan. I'm sure you've learned about them in your history books." My eyes were full blow wide and my mouth was open.

" A-assassin's?! What?" I asked mortified and my fight or flight instincts started to kick in.
He let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair.

" Because you associate yourself with us and our family, you too are at risk at being targeted by people who want to end our bloodline. Or they may use you as leverage. So when I tell you we will do anything and everything in our power to protect you we mean it." I shook my head and felt a wave of nausea rush through my body and I quickly grabbed the nearest trash can and puked into it.

" Oh my, I'm so terribly sorry. This must be so hard to take in. I can call Hector to come get you. Just promise me you won't say anything about what I've told you or anything you've seen in this room today to anyone. It lessens the risk of you being targeted or killed."