History Project

Neteyam:

I was on my way to history when I saw Ao'nung flirting with another girl again. Looks like that piece of paper was right, he IS a player. And that, tey, is the BIGGEST reason why you cannot like him. I then looked up and saw Ao'nung staring at me with, I don't know how to explain it. He was looking at me differently, like, admiration? Does he like me? Stop it tey, he doesn't. He's a player and you CANNOT like him.

I just gave him a little wave and looked away. I entered our classroom and greeted Mr. Karukis. I went to my seat, sat down, and got my book, pens, highlighters etc. As the class was about to start, a puffed, sweaty Ao'nung barged in and quickly spat out an apology for being late. Mr. Karukis eyed him and told him to get going to his seat, which was right next to me. He smiled at me as he sat down, and I smiled back. He has such a cute smile. No, wait, tey you DON'T like him!

"Alright class, thank you for getting here on time."

He started off, eyeing Ao'nung at the end, who gave him a cheeky smile.

"I've got a project for you to do. It's due in 3 weeks and it has to be about an aspect of the Middle Ages, or also known as the dark ages. It will be done in partners with the person next to you. It's an out of class and home project and I expect it to be presented beautifully. It can be shown as a powerpoint or report etc whatever you want. You may start today."

I look over to Ao'nung and he looks at me with a grin.

"Looks like we're partners Teyam."

"Looks like we are Nung."

I scoot my desk over to his and pull my laptop out, he does the same thing. I start researching parts of the Middle Ages, but Ao'nung suddenly pulls his airpods out and opens spotify. I decided we're going to work on the Black Death and turn to tell Ao'nung but he's already looking at me with an Airpod.

"Wanna listen with me?"

He asked. I just stared at him and the airpod and felt my left ear start to burn up.

"Uh, sure, why not."

I took the airpod and started listening to music.

"Why did I expect someone else."

"What do you mean Teyam?"

"Of course, you listen to yeat. I expected it."

"I don't know if that's a compliment or not, but thanks?"

"I don't think it's a compliment if you're that predictable."

"Well if I'm that predictable, predict another thing about me then."

I just stared at him, and he stared back. Our eye contact was so intense it was as if he was trying to see into my mind. I could feel my ear getting redder, so I quickly blurted out.

"You're a player, you've played 26 girls and 3 boys."

He just stared at me in shock, and I quickly turned away. Silently cursing at myself for saying that information. He just sat there looking at me. I took a quick glance at him and noticed he just turned around and changed the song to a Tyler the Creator song.

"I'm, -I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

"No, you're fine. I don't know who told you that, but it is true. I swear I'm trying to get better, but my friends bet money on me playing girls and guys and I don't wanna seem uncool to them, so I just do the play."

I silently looked at him. He just looked down at his laptop, silent. His face unmoving and eyes full of dullness. I quickly took his hand from his lap, and he just looked at me.

"You can never be "uncool" Nung. You're amazing. And if you really don't like playing people, just stop. It doesn't matter if you lose those friends or not. They're not even your friends if they do that. My advice? Stop being friends with them. You'll always be a good guy in my eyes."

He just looks at me, I look at him. It seemed like the entire world stopped in time and everyone and everything faded away til it was just me and him. He was so pretty up close. A few freckles spread out across his cheeks and nose. A mole on his upper lip. Eyes the prettiest shade of blue, with a little sparkle in them. He was beautiful. It was no wonder why girls and guys would say yes to dating him left and right. He had to be the prettiest boy in the school.

Suddenly Ao'nung turned around, his cheeks turning a bright pink.

"We should continue our work Teyam."

I was so shocked by the sudden change of vibe that I forgot we were in a classroom. I quickly looked around and saw that no one noticed us.

"Yea, I think we should."

We continued working in silence til the bell rang. I was packing my stuff up and was about to leave the classroom when I saw Ao'nung talking with his friends, whom I assumed were the one who have been betting on him to play people.

I just brushed it off and left him alone, going on to find Reya, Lo'ak, Kiri or Roxto.

Little did I know

That me brushing it off, would lead to me feeling broken.

~

~

~

AHH THE GOOD PARTS ARE COMING UPP

Hope you guys enjoyed this chap! Sorry it's a bit short, I just NEEDED to get Neteyam's view out first THEN I'll try post Ao'nung's view soon.

Thank you for the votes and comments! They're always appreciated!

I love looking at you guy's reading lists whenever you add my book to your reading list, just gives me more Aonunete books to read 🤭.

Anyways, see you soon ml! ~958

-Fay ✨