Part 12: Your Weird Ass Boyfriend

Start from the beginning

"Imran, you didn't have to come between all this. You're gonna regret it," Tyler said and before he could do anything, I landed a punch on his nose, causing it to bleed. "I saved Layla today and I will always save her. I will never let anything happen to her, got it? Leave before I lose my mind!"

They gave me a hard look and went back. Layla ran to me and hugged me. I couldn't help but hug her back, hoping to make her feel safe and comfortable.

"You're safe, Layla," I whispered and gently let go of the hug.

Layla looked at me and whispered, "Thank you, Imran. I don't- I don't know what would happen if you didn't come on time."

I sighed and assured her saying, "Layla, as long as I am here, I won't let anything happen to you, hmm?"

We moved towards the car and I held open the door for her to sit. I gave her a bottle of water to help her relax.

She drank the water and rested her head gently on the headrest.

Suddenly, she looked at me, slightly panicked and said, "Imran! You- you're bleeding!"

I noticed that my left cheek now had a cut. That son of a bitch was gonna pay for this.

"Here, let me clean it," she demanded, being the doctor, while I resisted saying, "It's fine Layla, it's just a little cut. There's nothing to worry about it." She then passed me a look and I knew that it was better to just do what she wants.

"I have a kit in the car, let me give it to you. Here," I passed her the kit while she started taking out some medicines and bandages and some more stuff.

She applied some antiseptic on the cotton and brought it to my cheek. "Imran, this is gonna burn. I'll try my best to be gentle about it, hmm? Please don't move."

Though it was me who was injured, she looked more worried. If getting hurt meant Layla taking care of me, I would happily do it twice. "Done," she gently whispered as I looked at her. "Now I am gonna apply the ointment and the bandage." I wasn't sure if I was listening to her. All I knew was I was staring at her being all doctor-ish. "Imran?" She snapped a finger in front of me, bringing me out of my trance.

"Yeah?" She moved her head sideways, saying "Nothing, I was just gonna put the ointment now," I nodded and she applied a little of it on her finger and brought it close to my cheek.

She looked at me and put the medicine carefully and gently. Her touch did something unusual to me, which I can't explain. I looked into her eyes, which softened and showed care in them.

She cut the piece of bandage and applied it, slowly caressing it with her fingers. I then noticed our position. We were leaning into each other, her one hand on my cheek and the other on my shoulder, while both my hands were on my seat.

We were now looking into each other's eyes, lost in them. I know that she is my brother's bestfriend. She's someone I can never be with. But there's something that keeps me pulling towards her, and I can't resist it.

I know my brother would kill me if he saw us right now. How much I wish that this moment lasted foreve- "Guys!" Theo's voice brought of out of the trance and we moved away from each other.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry I didn't see anything! I'll come back latee, y'all can contin-" "No Theo, it's nothing- it's not what you're thinking. We were just- I was- I was just applying him medicine, that's it." Layla stated while I glared at Theo, who passed me a 'sorry dude' look.

"Medicine? What happe- Imran, what the hell is that on your face? And Layla what's that bruised mark?" He shouted in panic as he saw our faces.

"Those bloody suckers came for Layla. One of them hurt her and I found them here. Thank God I reached here on time. I swear to God I'm gonna have them pay for laying their fingers over her!" I exclaimed while Layla said, "Imran, relax. They couldn't do much. I managed to save myself from them at first but then- can we please not talk about it?"

I nodded while she kept the medicines and other items back in the kit box. "Could you please not tell Zayn or Amaan about any of this?" She pleaded. Hearing this, I scoffed and said, "Amaan who? Your weird ass boyfriend who doesn't even know how to treat you nicely? Sure."

She stayed silent, knowing that I was right. "Layla, I have to tell Zayn bout it before he finds out from someone else, you know what I mean right?" I looked at her and she nodded.

Her head was down, and she wasn't saying anything. I heard her sniffling and that's when I knew she was crying. "Layla? Layla, are you crying? Look here, at me." I couldn't see her cry like this.

I gently lifted her face and saw her red nose and tear-streamed cheeks, and her eyes filled with water. Damn, she looked pretty even while crying!
Focus Imran! She's crying.

"Layla, did they do anything else? Did they force you? Did he do something inappropriate to you? I'm gonna beat them black and blue-" "No they- they didn't. But- but I'm scared. Why did they do this to me?" Her question was like a dagger stabbing my heart.

"I'm sorry Layla, I really am. I didn't know that they would come for you," I said as she looked towards me in confusion.

"Actually, during our class, they were troubling a girl, who asked our help and we helped her. Imran switched seats with her and sat next to them, which pissed them off. Jordan said that he would get back at him and heard about you. Zayn and Imran were talking on the phone about you and he overheard their conversation. That's how he came to know about you and used you to get back at him probably," Theo explained her everything.

She looked at me and said, "I'm glad that you helped that girl Imran. You not only saved her but also came here at the right time and saved me. Thank you."

Hearing these words, I was shocked. I thought Layla would blame me for what happened to her. I nod and drive out of college. We dropped Theo at his place and were on our way to the tailor.

* * * * * *

Thankyou for reading! Have a niceee day ahead!<3