𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑

"please tell me this is the last box," sophia groaned, dropping it into the moving truck.

"i've got about..." tyler began counting on his fingers, "...six more down in the storage unit, but we can take a break for now."

the girl took another deep breath, sitting down on the curb in front of tyler's condo building. he slowly sat down next to her, studying the dirty sidewalk they were positioned on.

"yes, tyler. i'm well aware we're probably sitting in dog piss right now. and i don't care."

"dog piss?" he lifted his eyebrows, scooting closer to the woman as a cold breeze flew through, "i'll do you one better. that's probably human piss."

sophia exhaled, her eyes narrowing down on the handsome man. their relationship had went from the deepest pits of hell to the nicest place in heaven within a month.

"very funny," she remarked, leaning her head on his shoulder as she looked up at him.

adjusting his scarf, a smirk crept onto tyler's lips. sophia was never a huge complainer, but even he knew all this moving labor he forced her into had exhausted her.

"y'know, you really gotta lose the scarf," she yawned, taking it in her hand as she examine it.

"i think it's stylish," tyler shrugged, pulling his phone out of his coat pocket, "you wanna go grab coffee?"

"i could smash three red bulls right now, but coffee works too," sophia agreed, as tyler helped her up.

the man took her hand as they began walking. there was a brief silence for a moment. tyler could tell soph was lost in though like usual. she was always thinking about something. even he knew that.

"so... how are we gonna...?" he asked, making a couple quick gestures with his free arm. sophia looked at him with a confused expression, "y'know..."

she lifted an eyebrow.

"i mean like- what's going on. does your whole family still hate me? is this even allowed? like, you know..." tyler stuttered.

"my dad hating my boyfriend is inevitable. it always is," the girl advised, "my mom will come around. luke will probably hate you... jared might think you're gay... and josh isn't even around enough to understand who you are. what about your family? will they like me?"

"okay, uh..." tyler trailed. the way sophia described her family so nonchalantly was almost concerning.

"is that a no?" she frowned.

"i bet they'll love you."

"is your mom nice?"

"yeah."

"is your dad nice?"

"yeah."

"do you have a sister?"

"no."

"hm."

"what?"

"nothing," sophia spoke, her eyes squinting toward the upcoming coffee shop, "have you found a house in LA yet?"

"my brother did. he's a real estate agent. he found me a couple nice places," tyler returned.

"maybe i'll come visit you," she smiled, taking another glance at his scarf. it was not a fashion statement whatsoever.

"stop judging my scarf. i can tell you are."

"i was just looking at it!" sophia exclaimed, playfully pushing him.

"so what's going on with you and the yankees?" he asked, as they entered the restaurant.

"mmm, i don't know. why?"