𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐆𝐎𝐄𝐒

"summer!" soph whistled to her german shepherd. she didn't know who in their right mind would agree to walk into a blizzard for anyone, but here she was bundling herself and getting ready to walk a mile to tyler's condo building.

given that it was the holidays, sophia was feeling sweet when she agreed to do this, but as she continued to take glances out her window she genuinely wondered if she'd make it there and back in one piece.

additionally, her car was stuck in the parking garage with most of the gas stations closed... so it's not like she could take that either.

she was planning on taking her german shephard, summer with her for safety, only because she was an extremely smart dog & if anything happened to sophia she would get her somewhere safe or find help. perks of having overprotective parents who don't trust you to lock your doors at night...

the girl threw her coat on before harnessing up summer and grabbing a few treats, her phone, keys, and a flashlight.

exhaling once more, sophia went out her front door and started down the stairs. she only lived on the fifth floor, and elevators in snow storms always scared her, so there was no way she was going the easy route. besides, if anyone in the front lobby saw her leaving they'd probably stop her.

once she got down the stairs, she hung a right towards the back door where she usually brought her dogs out for walks.

sophia took another deep breath as she pushed the door open. a huge flush of cold air hit her face. despite being totally bundled up with five layers, she still felt unprepared.

"come on summer." soph breathed, guiding her german shepard outside as she heard her airpod in her ear read out the directions to tyler's apartment.

according to aaron, tyler and him lived in the same building. luckily, they were in chelsea like her... just on almost completely opposite sides of it. google maps was showing it'd take be about a 15 minute walk, and less than a mile; however, factor in the falling snow and the fact her body was gonna freeze up and cramp.

about a minute into sophia and summer's expedition, soph was already considering turning around and going back home. but, the girl couldn't shake the worried expression aaron gave her on the phone. the fear in his voice reminded her she needed to do this for him. as much as she despised tyler wade, she truly hoped something was actually wrong so aaron didn't have to live with tyler being a drunk idiot and bad friend as the reason he missed his bachelor party.

sophia felt her shoulders slumping as she trudged down the street. meanwhile, summer was prancing around like it was another beautiful day in central park.

even though she felt like she'd been walking through the storm for an eternity, when she looked back her apartment was barely out of view.

the girl huffed and then kept walking.

she took a left on 9th... and she found the faster she walked the colder it got.

soph could see close to nothing through the blizzard, but she kept going. besides, if she turned around she would have no idea which way to go.

all it was was basically a straight walk down 9th avenue then she was there.

she felt a huge gust of wind nearly blow her away, but luckily summer's body weight stabilized her.

by the time sophia was done wiping the snow out of her eyes from the bluster, she finally saw tyler's apartment.

"come on s!" she breathed, picking up her pace as she speeded towards the front door.

she had to stand at the glass and bang on it for almost a minute before finally being let in, but when she was she went straight to the couch in the lobby and collapsed.