𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐀

to believe some of these covers were actual newspaper covers I found on the yankees (obvs I edited them BUT THEY'RE SO FUNNY LMAO)

NEW YORK POST

the best SPORTS!

GERRIT.

BLEEPING.

COLE!

$324M ace the anti-Dent as he etches his name on the wrong side of Yanks-Red Sox lore.

Judge thrown out at home!

Stanton robbed of two home runs.

Red Sox defeat Yankees 6-2

DAILY NEWS

PATHETIC PETTITTE

boston reigns supreme!

boone claims bench coach sophia pettitte "made bad decisions" which caused them the game?

dugout screaming match caught on camera!

torres, gallo on the chopping block?

volυмe : ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇▉ " nothing 'bout the way you were treated ever seemed especially alarming till now. "

0:34 ───|────── -3:32

NOVEMBER 10th, 2021.

manhattan.

"soph you gotta go."

"have you not seen the tabloids? i cant go back. i cant, mom."

"the tabloids are the tabloids. your father knows enough about those to understand it's all bs. i promise you no one in there hates you. the team lost. just go in there and enjoy yourself." sophia's mother explained from over the phone.

sophia was currently standing outside of the venue for the yankee's end of the year party. after the way the season ended, she was almost positive they weren't going to have a party.

but with the way her life was going right now, they just had to have one.

sophia finally got cold standing outside and stalling... leaving her with no other choice but to go inside.

the lobby was just as freezing as outside. she was instructed to go to the fifth floor, as that was where the banquet was being held.

"pettitte, come back!" exclaimed a cheery voice from behind. it was definitely anthony's.