sometimes, its okay to shut the fuck up

ME AND CARTIER HAVE been spending a lot of time together, he's such a cool individual- he gets me, and i've never felt understood before because it's like i'm so used to being the odd ball so i often distance myself to avoid being judged on how i ...

ME AND CARTIER HAVE been spending a lot of time together, he's such a cool individual- he gets me, and i've never felt understood before because it's like i'm so used to being the odd ball so i often distance myself to avoid being judged on how i move.

"hey babe?" carti says as he looks at me, i reply "yo" as i continue to look at my phone and not break focus. "your cousin's birthday is today, you talk to him?" he said as he watched angel's snap and seen that it was his birthday.

yes, angel is my cousin but he's one of those cousins that i just don't talk to, we were close while we were growing up but i honestly just don't feel like he fucked with me once we got older, so me being me, i fell back.

"no, you know i don't talk to him." i reply huffing and getting back to my game because i don't have time to talk about my fake ass family members, me and carti have talked about my toxic ass family before and why i don't fuck with them, so i'm not even sure why he's bringing this up.

"i was just asking because he posted and said 'my friends telling me happy birthday but not one family member, i see where i stand w mfs." he read aloud, instantly making me scrunch my face up.

"nah, this shit ends today, i'm sick of angel's spoiled ass, he's always been like that, treating motha' fucka's how he wants to and expects people to sit around and take that shit like he king tut or some shit." i ranted as i grabbed my phone and typed his contact name in.

"baby, don't go off on him i was just as-"

"carti, sometimes it's okay to shut the fuck up." i said sternly, he should've known that was gonna set me off so i don't know why he's acting confused, and no i don't feel bad- learn to shut the fuck up.

he got up and tried to walk off until i grabbed his arm and sat him back down.

"hello?" angel said as he answered the phone.

"yo, what's your issue?" i said getting straight to the point. "the fuck you talking about?" he said back, i could hear him scrunching up his face.

"you fuckin' heard me, you up here posting about your family and shit and you been sneak dissing us all for a while but i sit back and i shut the fuck up, cause i don't bother nobody, i mind mine but now you doing too much, i get it's your birthday but at the same time you need to learn to be an adult and go through shit and stop posting everything, that shit ain't cool." i said snapping, i could feel my vein popping out of my neck, just like my crazy ass dad.

"first off motha' fucka, what you not finna do is call me stressing me over a fuckin' snapchat post, and tell whatever messy bitch told you that, it's up when i see her, and like you said im grown so i can post whatever i want, WHENever i want and niggas like you will deal, you wanna know what my problem is with you malik? growing up you put on this facade like you were my protector and you wouldn't let anyone do anything to me, and of course i sat there and believed it." he said with his voice starting to crack, i simmered down and began to focus on what he had to say.