Chapter 2, Sarah's story.

*Sarah's P.O.V.*
As I was growing up I never really had much contact with my mom. Well my real mom anyways. We never really talked much and when I was around five or six she moved to New York. She called me and we talked for 10-20 minutes then we hang up and not talk again for another week or so. Luckily I was adopted by my great grandma. although I do not call her my "great grandma" I call her mom because that is who she is to me through adoption and through my heart.She's the best mom I can ask for, she treats me right gives me the love and care that I need, and even treats me special by providing me with the things that I want. Yes she's a good mother but I still have to live with the past which I think about every day. When I was about 10 years old my real mother decided to finally move back from New York and she wanted to meet me and be a part of my life all of a sudden. I thought this is very strange because I was thinking if she didn't want to be in my life the first 10 years of my life why would she want to be in it now? I began to accept it though. I grew up with a rough past and I was sad most of my life when I would think about things other than the great family that I have now. I've always been bullied as a kid, as far as second grade and up. Kids never really considered me to fit in with them or to be a part of their "clicks". It never really bothered me but in fifth grade it began to irk my nerves a little bit. but I let it slide through as if it didn't really bother me, but in sixth grade I just became more sad every day. Sixth grade wasn't that bad because I was thinking oh this is just something I have to get over. Well in seventh grade I let someone run all over me. I didn't realize it but I also let that sort of happened in sixth grade as well. This person ran me over constantly and I would always take them back because I felt as if I didn't deserve anything more than him. He was just a stupid boy that I should've let go the first time instead of let him come back to me every time he was done with the next girl. After that things just got worse, I was even sadder than I was before I felt like I was no good or as if I didn't deserve to be happy. I led myself to think that I was something like a bad person, my self-esteem has always been low but at this point it just got lower and lower and pretty soon I had none at all. No one really noticed at first but eventually people started asking "what's wrong" or they would say things like "you look so sad lately" they would say those things and I would just play it off as if I was tired. But soon I turned to a path I never thought I would go down. it turned my life upside down and basically into a living hell. I began to use self harm to cope with my feelings. At first i'll admit I was scared to do it but I thought it would make everything better so I cut five little marks into my left calf With a pair of dull scissors. After that whenever I would do it I used a razor instead of scissors because it was quicker and made it deeper. I would only do it every once in a while, like once every two months and that continued for about a year. After that I was happy for a couple of months but of course I knew that wasn't going to last, and obviously it did not. I resumed back to my tactics of self harm to deal with my problems and that was how I let out my feelings. I never thought of it as such a big deal ..until I got worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Authors note-
I may get a lot of Hate on this story, But that's okay. This is my first book that I am trying to write so I'm sorry if it's not up to your expections I promise I will try my hardest to make it to the best of my abilities. it's hard for me to write about this but I figured I would try something new instead of sitting in my bedroom every day lol. anyways this is just a short authors note to ask your opinions on what you guys think and how you like the book. Please leave any comments that could be helpful to me I'm just trying this out so again I'm sorry if it's terrible.