006 :: THE BENJAMIN.

Start from the beginning

"It breeds success?" Spencer suggested.

"That when you're not competition, everyone loves you because their not scared of your success?" Jennie also suggested.

Spencer giving her a curious look.

"Who said that?"

"Nicki Minaj."

"Oh."

"They say it sucks." Helen finally spoke up, seeing how both Spencer and Jennie's suggestions were not the answers she was looking for, "Competition sucks."

"Well," David got up from his seat, handing a twenty dollar bill to the waitress, "Keep the change."

"Thank you, Dave." Helen smiled, before walking away from the table.

"I hate to see this place go." Rossi spoke, letting out a short sigh. Jennie gave him a sympathetic look, patting the man's shoulder.

"Me too."

IT HAD BEEN A DAY since Jennie arrived back in Quantico. Since Aaron had to fly out for a case with the BAU team, it was just Jack and Jennie at the house. Jessica went back home the night the girl came back to let the two siblings have some bonding time together.

And, although it remained unsaid, so Jennie could babysit Jack for a bit so Jessica could have some time for herself. Jennie knew, but she didn't mind it. She loved Jessica, and she loved Jack. She had missed being around him while she was away in Texas.

"You hungry, bud?" Jennie asked Jack, as she opened the fridge, searching for food for the boy's lunch.

Jack sat at the table, playing with the new star wars toys Jennie surprised him with when she came home.

"Yeah."

"What do you want?" She inquired, looking through the food they had at home, "There's leftover salmon, frozen chicken nuggets, or I could go grab you something from the store."

She made her way to the dining table, where Jack was sitting, tilting her head curiously, "What are you hungry for, bud?"

The little boy shrugged.

At that, the girl huffed. She took a seat next to her brother, resting her head on her hand. She weighed the options of frozen chicken nuggets or leftover salmon.

Then a better idea clicked in her head.

"Actually, I have an idea." Jennie looked over at her brother, to see his piqued curiosity, "You know, Uncle Dave and I used to have this tradition when I was around your age. He'd be out of town a lot. Sometimes it was because of work, or he was on trips with friends, or he was spontaneously getting married in Las Vegas—"

Jennie cut herself off, not realising what she was saying before she saw Jack's confused face.

"Forget that last part. The point is— he'd be out of town a lot. But, when he was in town—" She continued, a smile forming on her lips, "He'd always take me to this one restaurant called the Benjamin. It was our little tradition."