006 :: THE BENJAMIN.

Start bij het begin

"Did they ever come?"

"Ringo did." David nodded at Spencer's question, "After his divorce. But, luckily Carolyn met me first."

"Aw." Jennie smiled at the story. She loved it when he'd talk about the cute, romantic stories from his past.

The conversation paused for a moment, when the waitress walked up to the table, placing down the drinks at the table, "Devil Honey for Dave, Arnold Palmer for the kid, and an apple juice for the other kid."

Rossi had to hold back his laugh when he noticed Jennie's reaction to the drink, "I ordered something for you before you got here."

"Yeah, I see that." Jennie nodded. It was a long-running joke between Jennie and the team, ( a joke that Jennie didn't find particularly funny ), that whenever the team would get drinks, they would always order Jennie some type of juice, "I can't wait for the day I'm legally allowed to drink. Then this juice joke will be over."

"Oh, I'll still be ordering you apple juice, Piccola." Rossi patted her cheek. Jennie didn't seem amused.

Spencer chuckled at the sight, taking a sip from his drink, "So, Jennie— how long are you back in town?"

"Just a couple of days." Jennie told the man, "Sheriff said I already got my mandatory hours for the week in, and I'm due for a day off. As long as there's no new major cases, I don't have to go back until Tuesday."

"Christ, it's only Thursday. How'd you get your hours in so fast?" David questioned the girl. Penelope had told him her concerns with Jennie overworking herself. David was starting to share Penelope's worry.

"It's not that hard." Jennie shrugged her shoulders, "The cases there are mostly just theft and DUI's. Last month, I actually had three cases in a row where it was just teenagers stealing vapes. By the third time, I practically did all the paperwork in my sleep."

"Well, embrace it. When you become an agent, you don't get the luxury of fulfilling your work week within three days." Rossi told the girl, reaching to take a sip from his drink. However, just before the cup could meet his lips, his phone buzzed, "Speaking of."

"You guy's have a case?" Jennie guessed, receiving a nod from Rossi.

"So much for a night off." Spencer spoke.

"Uh, Helen—" David called the waitress over, "We're gonna need the bill."

"Okay," The woman nodded, "That'll be ten bucks."

"No, you can charge us for the drinks we didn't have." David urged, pulling out his wallet.

"Everything's marked down until it's gone." Helen told him, nodding over to the sign behind the table.

The three sitting at the table looked over, their faces falling at the sight of the sign titled The Benjamin Is Closing!

"Oh, you can't close." Rossi was met with utter disappointment, "This place is history!"

The waitress shook her head, "Unfortunately, Dave, history doesn't pay the bills."

The older man let out an exasperated sigh, "Marines used to be big business."

"Still are." Helen told him, "That's why three new bars opened up across the street. What's that thing they say about competition?"