Chapter 6 - Continuing & Renewing

Figure, although wide awake, refused to move from the position it woke up in, collapsed and leaned against a bookshelf. The day before was exhausting for Figure, far more than any days before it. Pain, excitement, anger..it had experienced emotions and physical feelings more intensely than ever before. Remembering what Seek had told it to do the night before, being to not move around too much, Figure held itself as still as possible. It wasn't like there was any reason for it to move, as every time it tried to move the joints it had restrained last night, the dull ache running through its body stung stronger.

Figure called out once it remembered Seek and their first encounter, hoping it was still somewhere in the library. The uninterrupted silence that came after this call ended up crushing that hope soon thereafter. That person, it still knew near to nothing about them, but they made Figure feel more enjoyment than it had experienced in its entire life. The time since Seek had vanished made each minute feel like eternity, a significantly longer eternity than each minute felt before meeting them. If it weren't for the bandages wrapped around it, Figure would have shrugged Seek off as its mind creating twisted pranks for it.

Against what Figure wanted to do, it tightened up instinctively as a response to its hunger. It didn't realize that it hadn't eaten for several days before until the consequences of doing so set in at that very moment. It groaned painstakingly as it felt as if its stomach was eating itself, one small, gruelling bite at a time. It hurt to move around, but this pain made its need to move around worthwhile. Figure, suddenly overwhelmed by this hunger, began searching the floor rampantly for the human it had killed the day before. Luckily for it, that body was not far from where it had fell unconscious before.

Once Figure's shaking hand made contact with the back of the body, Figure began to tear off all the fabric covering the skin of the human piece by piece, temporarily pausing when the pain from its arms and legs got unmanageable. Once it finally got all of the fabric off of the body, Figure continued tearing through the skin of it like it was digging through sand. Once its fingertips began to clash against the human's bones, Figure began feeling around for the teared pieces of flesh, picking up each small piece as it found them and dropping them in its mouth and down its throat. This process was inefficient, but it was the best way for Figure to eat due to its inability to chew or break down food.

This process lasted quite a while, the searching and swallowing of whatever edible material there was on the corpse and ripping of other tissues when there's nothing left in that area. Once Figure's hunger was finally satiated from doing this, due to its straining of its arms from the constant movement, it laid down and stayed as still as a statue on the cold wood floor, which felt dry and rough in patches from the blood that dripped off of itself from the day before. Not having anything else to do to pass the time in this position, it allowed itself to try to continue contemplating the events that unfolded before it passed out.

As Figure allowed itself to analyze the events it had went through before, though, uncertainty began washing over its mind. There were so many questions Figure had about what happened to it which were still left entirely unanswered. What was the thing that tried to pull it into the ground? How did the humans manage to cause that thing to occur? How did Seek enter its room? Were there more people like Seek outside of its place of residence? The increasing number of Figure's concerns and questions weren't able to be answered in that moment, and from how things appeared, they would remain unanswered indefinitely. Figure tried to analyze anything certain from the day before, but its rampant questioning peeled away whatever it could consider unquestionable. That was, except for one feeling that it kept bouncing back to and away from.

Seek. Figure struggled to directly pinpoint what it felt about Seek, but its general feelings towards Seek was the only definite thing it could pull from the day before: It was grateful for Seek. Their interaction started out rocky, and the details of said interaction was still covered in a mess of questions, but the fact that Seek ended up being there at all was something Figure was very grateful for. For what felt like the first time ever, Figure had something to do, someone to talk to, and that fact made Figure incredibly glad.