Chapter 3 - Discussions In Darkness

As the handshake ended, the smoke that had shaken Seek's hand returned to an amorphous blob of gas, floating around Rush's head. Seek stared at Rush for a moment, still trying to process this sudden interaction. It took a moment of silence for one of them to begin to speak.

"So, you're aware of Screech as well?" Seek questioned as it rolled its wrist, trying to fill the silence that had grown between them. "I believe you may be one of the people they have told me about, as well."

"Really? What have they been sayin' about me?" Rush asked through its curiosity, turning and hovering the side of its head towards Seek.

"Oh, quite a lot, but it's nothing to be worried about." Seek replied, trying to gently make more space between it and Rush by pushing Rush's head away.

"Seriously? They must've been saying some stupid things about me then."

"Hey, Screech isn't like that, don't be worried." Seek replied in an attempt to defend Screech.

"Eh, whatever..that's not important." Rush said, trying to return topics as soon as possible.

"Anyways, is it true that you can see into any room you want? Is your mouth actually in your hand? Can you actually shapeshift?" Rush began bombarding Seek with questions, all relating to things Screech had previously told to Rush.

"Now, now, please slow down. I can only answer so many questions in one go." Seek responded, rubbing the top of Rush's head in an attempt to settle Rush down.

"Woah, woah.." Rush said, pushing away from Seek's hand in a mix of discomfort and confusion, its smile quickly fading from its face due to this contact. "Why'd you do that? I don't like that."

"Oh, my apologies." Seek replied concernedly. "I'm used to doing similar things with Screech, so I had assumed that it'd be fine to do so."

This confession caused Rush to snicker to itself for a moment. "Alright, just don't do that to me and we're good. Now, come on, answer my questions!"

"Right, yes, let's see.." Seek said, trying to recall everything Rush had asked it. "..Indeed, the three questions you asked all have the same answer, that being yes."

"Yo, really?" Rush questioned, its smile arriving back on its face in excitement. "Show me one of those!"

"Alright, I shall do just that, simply give me a moment to do so." Seek replied, closing its eye for just a moment in concentration. After just a few seconds, Seek opened its eye once more.

"It is done. Go ahead and look in the previous room." Seek finally said, pointing to the other room. As Rush immediately flew to the other room, Seek began to think to itself.

Through the entire interaction so far, Seek hadn't entirely realized the importance of meeting this person. For its entire life, Seek had never interacted with anyone outside of Screech, and even then, Screech only began visiting Seek a few years before. The fact that Seek was here, talking to people it never had talked to before, was far more extraordinary than it had believed through the interaction initially.

Using its other eye planted on a wall in the previous room, Seek watched as Rush stared in fascination. It appeared that this interaction was new to Rush as well, and it was approaching the interaction optimistically despite the discomfort it had experienced before. Seek smiled to itself as it thought of this. Hopefully the two of them could talk more after this interaction.

Seek's head hastily turned back to Rush, who was leaving the room it was observing the eye in.

"Damn, that's cool!" Rush shouted as it reached the place it originally was in. "I've never seen anything like that!"