✯ 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ✯

Start from the beginning

She didn't even realised she was rubbing at her wrist absentmindedly until the skin became irritated. Removing her hand, she stared down at the ugly scar that marred the inner flesh of her wrist.

Shaking her head to rid herself of these emotions, she got out of bed sighed in frustration as she saw the bathroom was already taken by her roommate, Cecilia Greengrass. The delicately pretty girl had a permanent look of disgust constantly written on her face, her perfect nose always wrinkled.

"I would have gotten to the bathroom first, but that bitch practically shoved me out of the way," Gabriela's voice came out of nowhere, startling the blonde.

The other Slytherin girl was perched on a chair in the corner of the room, immersed in her novel. Gab always had a tendency to sit in dark corners and scare people, which annoyed Cecilia greatly.

"You're awake," Daisy remarked with a pleasant surprised. "Don't you like to arrive to Potions at least 10 minutes late?"

"It's the start of our last year," Gabriella shrugged, then said dramatically, "I'm turning over a new leaf. Plus, I heard Sluggy is arranging us with new partners this year. I hope I'm paired with Julian!"

Daisy rolled her eyes, wondering when her friend's infatuation would end for the school flirt.

"I would prefer it if you didn't speak about my boyfriend in that manner," Cecilia's cool voice emanated at she stepped out of the bathroom, fixing Gab with a look of distaste.

"Yeah, let me know when you guys are over. Actually, you don't have to let me know, I'll be able to tell by you crying for days in our dorm. Just like all the other girls," Gabriella snarked cruelly, then turns to Daisy and scoffed,"You would think these girls would learn by now."

Cecilia huffed in anger and flounced out of the room, taking her expensive purse with her. I turned to Gab with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't pretend like you wouldn't kill to date him, just like all the other girls."

"Yeah but I'm different," Gabriella shrugged seriously. "I'll be the girl that changes him."

"Oh honey," I laughed, but didn't push any further. "Let's go."

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

"Ah students!" Slughorn bellowed when the last of them had entered the class. "Do you feel the nostalgia in the air! Do you smell the sadness and despair!? I do! Because this is our last year together."

Gabriella nudged Daisy and mimed someone puking. She snickered. Slughorn was always so dramatic. The Slytherins were all talking over Slughorn, no one really listening, but the Gryffindors were the eating it all up, looking at each other with sad gazes.

"Therefore, it's time to mix the class around a little!" Slughorn concluded, and this time all the students collectively groaned.

The Potions Professor took out a small scroll from the pocket of his pants and peered through his spectacles to see his tight cursive script. He then started calling out the names one by one, which were followed by a happy or annoyed sound from the class.

"Daisy Kennedy and Fleamont Potter!" Slughorn called out, and Daisy looked at the other boy perking up from the end of the class at the sound of his name.

He had messy dark brown hair and stormy blue eyes that suited his michevious features. He grinned at her, giving a small wave. She smiled kindly and waved back, not knowing what else to do.

"Gabriela Martinez and Julian Lestrange," Slughorn called out, and Gab punched Daisy's so hard in her astonishment that the blonde cried out in pain, earning several glances in her direction.