eleven

When they arrived at the airport Stu introduced them to Lauren's little brother, Teddy. He was young and smart and he seemed to be pretty chill. Stu informed them that he was studying in medical school as a premed.

It was very impressive considering his age but right away Alan seemed to be intimidated by the kid, which was extremely unnecessary.

after a traumatic experience, people will tend to feel a strong emotional attachment to the people who experienced it with them. This was the case for alan but because of his lack of social opportunities, he took it worse than everyone else.

so naturally he felt threatened when another person was introduced to the group. "i thought this was a wolf pack only type of convention" alan stated blatantly.

stu patted his back. "it's a wedding and he's lauren's little brother of course he's coming. relax alan."

alan seemed tense and hesitated to accept the fact that this kid would be going along with them.

liv rubbed his shoulder and looked up at them. "i'm getting a water do you guys want anything?"

doug shook his head and she looked to alan hoping for some spark of emotion but was left hanging. stu pointed at a shop behind them. "i'll have a smartwater thanks"

"is tap water to poor for you?" she responded, giggling as she adjusted her bag. Stu just tilted his head smiling.

Phil took her suitcase from behind her and rolled it to doug. "i'll go with you sweetheart" he grabbed her hand and they walked to store that stu had pointed to.

"he's like a dog man" doug shook his head. "i don't know what he would do without her." stu laughed and they went to their gate.

"i'm worried about stu hon" liv said looking at the menu. she couldn't decide between a sandwich or a croissant but for the prices of both of them it didn't really matter. "lauren's dad is not being accepting of him whatsoever and the lack of effort he's putting into the father in law - son in law relationship is just terrible"

"well baby it's probably just a cultural thing you know, i mean i know for a fact that he's never spoken to the man so maybe it's just because he doesn't know him that well."

"he hasn't even given stu a chance. he's told me at the office that he tried multiple times to get in touch with him." she threw her hands up and pointed to the water bottle she wanted and signaled to the cashier.

she hated the fact that a man stu hadn't even met couldn't give him an ounce of respect. she loved stu and wanted him to be happy but it pissed her off that this man was getting in the way of that. to be fair she hadn't met him either and she didn't like him but she had a good reason to.

"liv it could just be the cell service. he's like 8,000 miles away." he took out his wallet and paid. "damn 9 dollars for water." he rolled his eyes and grabbed their things.

she switched the shoulder that her duffel bag was resting on and turned around. "why are you giving him the benefit of the doubt, stu is the one that's our friend." he grabbed her free hand and they started to walk back to their gate.

"i don't know i guess i just want to assume that everything's gonna be okay" he smiled at her.

"yeah" she sighed. "me too"

they found their friends. olivia took a seat in between her brother and stu, handing her best friend his smartwater. phil put their bags together and sat down across from them next to alan.

he was staring at teddys neck pillow with crazy eyes. "you okay buddy?" phil leaned over and whispered to him.

"he's not even part of the wolf pack. why is he here?" alan crossed his arms and pursed his lips, pouting.