Chapter 28: Stuck with you

Start from the beginning

"Boyfriend?"

It's my turn to be confused. I looked at her trying to see if she's bluffing but she genuinely looks confused. And even more pissed. Oh I get it.

"Not your boyfriend yet maybe, but you're dating a guy." I stated.

Saffron's face scrunched up in total confusion. "What the hell are you talking about?"

I breathed out deeply, "look Saffron, you don't have to care about my stupid feelings okay, I get that you moved on and that's...I'm happy for you."

"Stop. Just stop Erynn." Saffron said, walking closer towards me. "Where did you even get the idea that I have a boyfriend? Are you keeping tabs on me?" She accused.

I spluttered out an answer "What? No of course not!" Liar.

Before Saffron could respond, I blurted out, "Last Night. I saw you."

Her eyebrows furrowed together and she crossed her arms again. "Saw what?"

I rubbed my temple, feeling my head throb, wincing in pain. Saffron's eyes softened and she grabbed my arm, leading me out the room. "Come on, let's get something in your stomach then explain." I followed quietly, staring at her hand on me. She looked back, searching my eyes. "Got it?"

I nodded, "yes ma'am."

...

I sat at the counter, watching Saffron take out some butter and syrup from the fridge. In front of me are two plates of waffles, crispy bacon and some slightly burnt scrambled eggs. I bit my bottom lip, preventing a smile from forming. She still can't cook.

"Here." A fresh cup of coffee was laid in front of me and I grasped it with both hands, grateful for the warmth.

"So...explain." Saffron sat across from me, nursing a cup of tea. I gulped, watching her stab at her eggs.

"We had a show here last night." I started, my hands suddenly getting clammy.

"I know, I saw the posters."

I nodded, steeling my nerves and continued, " After the show, I came here to see you but I left after I saw you and a guy together." I confessed, watching closely for her reaction.

Saffron's lips are set in a thin line, a slight furrow in her left brow. Not a good sign. She looked up from her plate and stared at me, if looks could kill, I'd be six feet under the ground right now.

"So you thought coming here unannounced would be a good idea? Not to mention assuming that a guy I'm with is my boyfriend? And then leaving without even letting me know?" She scoffed, pushing her unfinished plate. I flinched at the tone of her voice but kept quiet, knowing full well I deserve this. "What the hell Erynn?" She stood up and started pacing back and forth, running her hand through her hair in annoyance. "I can't believe this right now."

I watched her, replaying her words back when I felt hope ignite a spark in me. She scolded me for assuming that guy is her boyfriend, does that mean?

"So that guy, he's not your boyfriend?" I couldn't help but ask.

Saffron stopped her pacing and looked sharply at me. "Of course not! He's like a brother to me!"

My whole face lit up, sitting straighter I asked again, "who is he then? does that mean you're not seeing anyone right now?" I held my breath, hoping and praying to all gods that I get the answer I desperately want.

Saffron gave me a dirty look, which I ignored. Sitting back down, she pulled her plate closer and drowned her waffle in syrup. "It's Patrick, Madiha's boyfriend." She replied. I recalled her mentioning Madiha's long term boyfriend before and faintly remembered Madiha talking to a Patrick on the phone yesterday.