Chapter 21: We need to talk

Erynn's POV:
"I'm tired Saffron. We have a flight to catch tomorrow and I need sleep, can this wait another time?"

I was sitting on the edge of my bed, my phone clutched tightly in my hand. Recalling the last thing I said to her. Regretting every word I said. It was another fight, another argument that seemed to arise from nowhere. I knew I was being too harsh on Saffron, I don't like it but I couldn't help it, I'm tired and overwhelmed all the time and something about our relationship just isn't working.

As I was about to call Saffron again and apologize, there was a knock on my hotel room door. I sighed heavily, knowing that whoever was on the other side wasn't going to be anyone I wanted to deal with right now. I got up and opened the door, coming face to face with one of the roadies on our tour. The girl that cause a fight between Saffron and I, she's always been friendly with me but there's nothing to it.

"Hey Britney..."

"Hey," she said, her eyes darting around nervously. "I need your help with something."

I blinked, confused. "What kind of help?"

"It's kind of a long story," she said, scratching the back of her neck. "But can I come in?"

I hesitated for a moment before ultimately nodding and letting the roadie into my room. She sat down on the edge of my bed, her hands fidgeting in her lap.

"So what's going on?" I prompted.

Britney took a deep breath before launching into her story. "So, I think I messed up your guitar a little bit. I'm not sure how to fix it, can you help?"

"Of course, let me see it."

Britney handed me the guitar and I inspected it carefully. It didn't seem too bad, just a minor tuning issue. I'm not the most technically skilled person on the tour, but I'm always willing to help in any way I can. After all, I want to make this tour go as flawless as I possibly can.

As I worked alongside Britney, I realized that I had completely forgotten about Saffron and our fight. It was nice to focus on something else for a while, even if it was just fixing an instrument. Britney was surprisingly good company, and I found myself laughing and joking around with her more than I had expected to. I was grateful for the distraction.

It wasn't until we had finished fixing the instrument that I remembered my phone call with Saffron. I glanced down at my phone, seeing that I had a missed call and a few texts from my girlfriend. I sighed, knowing that I should call her back and apologize. But I also knew that I wasn't ready to do that just yet.

Instead, I turned to Britney and smiled. "I think that's good for now."

She nodded, putting a wayward strand of hair behind her ear. "Thanks for your help," she said. "I appreciate it."

Britney grinned at me, and for a moment, I wondered if there was something more there. Just like what Saffron implied. But I pushed the thought away, not wanting to complicate things further. I have too much on my plate already.

As Britney left my room, I sat back down on the edge of my bed, still grappling with how to fix things with Saffron. I sighed and let myself fall back on the queen sized bed, groaning, I turned around and screamed into the pillow, letting all the stress, regret and frustration out.

——————

I sighed deeply as I stood outside of Paige's hotel room. I have been feeling lost and helpless lately, unsure of how to fix what felt like a broken relationship with Saffron.

I couldn't sleep as I kept recalling my last conversation with Saffron, another argument that left a sour taste in my mouth. I can't keep going like this, the constant fighting and feeling like we're drifting apart.