Chapter 48: Discussing Feelings

Start from the beginning

This only made Rubi frown, "Well, who is it if you think I'd freak out if you told me?" Rubi pressed, trying to make the redhead crack.

Fred shook his head, "Can I know who you have feelings for?" Fred suddenly asked, steering the conversation away from him. He wanted to know who it was, so he could have that person's head.

Rubi's face softened and Fred was surprised, as she placed a hand against his cheek, softly stroking it with her thumb, "I'll tell you if the right time ever comes." She promised him. Her tone was soft and there was an underlying emotion of sadness melted within.

Fred froze from her touch and all he did was stare at her blankly, until he suddenly shivered, snapping back to reality. He took Rubi's hand from his face into his two colder hands.

"And I'll also tell you if the time ever comes." He vowed to her, and the two smiled.

"We're good?" Rubi asked him gently.

"Yep." Fred answered and he watched as the girl's face lit up even brighter than the sun.

Rubi was broadly smiling and she sighed, laying her head on his shoulder, her hands going to wrap themselves around his left arm.

Fred smiled at the sight of the girl and he inhaled her hair. The scent was a sweet strawberry. Oh how nice it was.

The two gazed into the fire that was lightly dancing, until Rubi closed her eyes in content. Fred looked down at her when he heard her even breathing, and as he suspected, Rubi had fallen asleep.

Fred gazed fondly at the sleeping girl, and he placed a kiss on the top of her head.

"If I ever get to tell you how I feel, I'll be the happiest person in the world. If someone else becomes yours, that person will be the luckiest in the entire universe to have someone as amazing as you."

With that, Fred's eyes also fluttered shut, the two falling asleep together.

***

Rubi smiled, as she watched her family together once again. They were still in their house she currently lived in, except Harry was there too, who had his room next to hers. But what was making Rubi smile was the sight of her parents in the kitchen, her dad's arms having wrapped around her mother's waist from behind, and the two were slowly swaying, singing a soft tune together.

Suddenly, she felt her house thunder with voices but apparently only she seemed to hear it, as no one else seemed startled.

There were sounds of giggles and "Look at them!"

"Quick take a photo!"

Snap! Snap!

"Now, how about we wake them up?"

"Ready? One, two-"

"Three!"

Rubi gasped as she sat straight up, her eyes opening up and she looked down to realize she was drenched. Rubi's lips thinned and she looked up only to find George and Lee looking at her with shit-eating grins.

Rubi growled, "I'm going to kill you two." Rubi sank back into the couch, letting out a sigh, "It was such a beautiful dream and you ruined it." She huffed.

George and Lee shared a humorous look before turning back to the girl,

"Oh was it about you and Fred living happily ever after with tons of kids?" George said, making Rubi choke on air.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" She breathed out in surprise.

"Well, you seem like you like like Fred." Lee answered, wiggling his eyebrows. Rubi's eyes widened and she jumped when she heard a sudden throat clearing and her jaw slightly fell apart when she looked beside her and found Fred. Then her memory seemed to come back and she surveyed the atmosphere and realized they were in the common room.

Rubi closed her eyes.

Did I seriously fall asleep in the common room? That too with Fred Weasley?

"Good morning, love." Fred breathed out softly.

Rubi smiled at him sheepishly and she squeaked out a reply in return, before dashing up to her dormitory. She felt embarrassed that George and Lee had mentioned her being married to Fred and having kids together, that too in front of the said redhead.

Fred watched her go with an amused smile before turning to his two other friends, narrowing his eyes at them, "Did you really need to wake us up like this?" He growled out.

They cheekily grinned at Fred,

"Well, Freddie," George began saying, "No, we didn't have to but we just proved a point for you."

Fred scrunched his face up in surprise, "What?"

"You daft, dimbo, didn't you see Rubi's face? And yesterday, she was jealous when she found out you fancy someone."

Fred stared at him blankly as his mind raced in other directions. If she really did return his feelings, that would be great but he would wait and tell her at the right time.

"OK, fine, let's say you're right." Fred said, "I will tell her at the right time, and see how things go." He finished, and he watched as Lee and George smiled in triumph.

"Finally!" George exclaimed.

"But do hurry it up, you don't want to lose her." Lee added before he high-fived George and the pair ran off and exited the portrait hole, headed down for breakfast.

Fred watched them go before he smiled to himself, leaning back into the couch, crossing his arms behind his head, "Well, Black, guess things could work out after all." 

Hello!

So that was the next chapter and let me know how it was! I personally liked this one! Take care and see you in the next one! <33

-Serina