"Tell who what?"

The trio jumped, their eyes widening as their fourth best friend stood beside them, an eyebrow raised, a hand placed on her hip.

"Feelings for who, exactly?"

All the boys paled, glancing at one another.

"Fred has feelings for a girl." George blurted out, making Fred look at him with a deadly glare. Although, at this, they all watched Rubi's face turn stony.

"He does?" She breathed out through clenched teeth. "Wow." She cracked a fake smile, "Good for him. Who is the lucky girl?" She asked, wanting to know the identity of whoever had caught Fred's eye, and possibly vanish them from the face of the Earth.

"Uhh..." Lee shot Fred a look, urging him to tell Rubi that it was her.

"Well, it's a... secret!" He blabbed out, making Lee shut his eyes in second-hand embarrassment and George to make a face.

Rubi's heart dropped and Fred twisted with sadness as he watched a twinge of pain morph onto the girl's face.

"Why can't I know?"

"Because you know this person and will most likely blab to her." Fred half-lied, watching as Rubi shut her eyes for a brief moment before opening them.

"Well," She said, turning her nose up at them, "I guess I won't be telling you lot, who has caught my eye.

Rubi was never going to say this but it came out in the heat of the moment.

"What?!" Fred blanched, his face flooded with shock. He felt defeated. The girl he harboured feelings for had her eyes set upon someone else.

George and Lee exchanged a glance, already having an inkling of who Rubi may be referring to.

"Rubi-"

"Have a good evening, boys."

And she flicked her hair over her shoulder, strutting with an attitude back to her cousin, who looked up again as Rubi slid into a seat next to him, placing her head on his shoulder.

"Well, good luck with that problem, Fredrick." Lee breathed out, and stood up. George patted his twin with a reassuring smile before heading out with Lee. Fred stared at Rubi, his eyes glossing over, until a certain set of determination and almost jealousy took over.

He was going to find out who Rubi was crushing on.

***

Once back in the common room, Rubi got started on her homework, seated next to the fireplace while Harry decided to head up to his dormitory.

One by one, the common room began to empty but Rubi was still carrying on with her task. It was not supposed to be taking her a long time but the young Black's mind kept wandering off, making the task at hand harder to complete.

The space on the couch next to her dipped and Rubi looked up when someone cleared their throat.

Rubi made a face somewhere between a smile and a grimace as she found Fred Weasley beside her.

"Rubi, can we talk?" He asked her slowly, observing the girl carefully in case she decided to smack him.

Rubi sighed and put away her school assignment in her bag, before looking up at Fred expectantly.

"Well?" She voiced out, her tone sounding cold.

"Love, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." Fred began to say, running a hand through his ginger locks. "I just panicked, OK? I don't want people finding out. You would freak out if I told you who it was."

𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞┃𝙁𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙒𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें